Register now to get rid of these ads!

Deuce Days in Victoria, B.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steveo, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Good thing this isn't here in the South,,people know better and if they don't they will never forget what they will quickly learn!:D HRP

2. jaymann

jaymann

I'm hoping a big part of the stupidity was that a lot of the spectators were most likely tourists who had no idea a big car show was going on that weekend.
    I'd like to think that normal car folk wouldn't sit on fenders to have their pics taken, or stand on running boards, or lean against the cars, or get in them...but I saw a lot of that going on.

I heard so many stupid comments that I had to bite my tongue half off.
    One guy was saying to his buddies, why did he put that stupid back end on his 32 Ford? He was looking at an Auburn Boat Tail:rolleyes:

Another guy was complaining that he hadn't seen a single '57 Chevy anywhere.

Sad to see that there was always huge crowds around high dollar builds and rat rods.
    That was fine by me because the real rides I wanted to see weren't completely surrounded by gawkers.

I'm becoming a grumpy old man ;)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. Most of the stupid ass comments where from tourists off the cruise ships in that weekend. Had one ask me what all the fuss was about, did the royal couple have their baby?

4. I overheard one of the owners, front row on the legislature lawn, saying he was disappointed that none of the magazines showed up.

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

except for the idiots, it looks like a great show.

6. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Yea..next time they should hold Deuce Days in some backwoods town park and only allow old car experts to view the cars :rolleyes:.

I guess you don't get many tourists in Nanaimo, but even without the car show going on there would have been about that many people in the inner harbour area.

My wife and I had a great time checking out the cars. The crowd was friendly and we chatted with lots of people. You should not have "bitten your tongue", but explained about the cars in a friendly way.

7. schaefer

schaefer

Here are some of my pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  8. schaefer

schaefer

And some more
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great '32 pix---thanks for sharing!

Looks like another name gone down in history----I thought "Deuce day" meant 1932 Fords----ONLY!
    What a sacrilege from what it was in past years.
    Oh well, I still have the memories!

10. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Thanks for posting all these great pics! You guys are welcome to come visit our beautiful city anytime!

11. couverkid

couverkid

There was a magazine contributer there for sure. He was there and was setting up to do a few shoots from what he said.

12. Fortunateson

Fortunateson

Thanks for the pics. I didn't go this year because I wanted to attend the last of an equally favourite show. As soon as I got home from that show I checked the forum and 'voila" I got to "attend" Deuce days as well. I have been to everyone since it was held in Chilliwack. I was a little worried that the crowds would be nuts and I think the comments bear this out. I often wonder why the mags don't send someone along or contract with someone they know who is going. (I asked last summer who was going since I had forgotten it is held every 3 years!) Anytime I see someone taking advantage of a fender, running board, etc. I use the line from the Phaoahs scene in American Grafitti and then tell them to get off/out.

13. KENDEUCE

KENDEUCE

Thanks for posting photos!!!!!

14. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

The show has always been open to cars outher than 32 fords.No one likes 32 fords more than I do but a car show with only 32 fords no thanks

15. I agree. One of my favorites was the 32 Chevy right in the middle of all the Fords. :)

These are some of my pictures

http://jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818865

16. modeleh

modeleh

Totally agree. They are nice to look at but once you've looked at 3 or 4 hundred of them, they all start looking the same. There are lots of great 40s cars to look at also. IMO, some of the best 32s at Duece Days are the bodystyles like the B400s where you know right away that it is genuine. It becomes hard to tell with some of the others if they are fiberglass or Brookville repros on a made up chassis or repro duece rails. When you see the 40s cars you know they are old cars. Some of those " '32s " might be assembled with parts where not one piece is more than a year old. They are bordering on kit cars, but nobody would dare call one that.

17. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

Why not I will if its not a real 32 ford its a kit car

18. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

here's some of our little group in front of the Parliament bldg. and some assorted pics of the event .

Attached Files:

19. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

A few shots of todays road trip back to SoCal.

Attached Files:

20. pg409

pg409

Rumour has it that the "friends" of Deuces, cars up to 1951, will not be allowed and the name of the event will be changed to "Belly Button Days"..........haha;)

21. I had a deuce there and there were many non deuce cars there that I would have traded for in a heart beat...just sayin :cool:

22. A kit car...would that also include a Henry body on a repro frame with something other then a Ford engine :rolleyes:

23. Winmon

Winmon

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This unrestored '32 had the biggest crowds around it then any other car that was there!

[​IMG]

24. Winmon

Winmon

25. snaptwo

snaptwo

I spotted Jim Shelton's "Magic Carpet" full fendered maroon roadster in the pics. More proof that car is not a trailer Queen . At last count ,I believe he's pushing 80,000 if not more. It was built to be driven and enjoyed and it is living up to Jim's dream . He also owns another that has a bit more patina , used to belong to a fella by the name of Baskerville , long live the deuce !!

26. That one did win the 'Participants choice best Deuce' Award

27. uncle buck

uncle buck

It is driven for sure. I saw him a few days after the show just a bit north of Seattle with his hand on the steering wheel and a smile on his face. :)

28. I talked to Jim and his son Chris at the poker run at DD. Chris now lives in Washington, and I had the impression that Jim lives there also. I have cruised with them both, at times in the past. They are great guys.

29. uncle buck

uncle buck

Chris does live here, but I believe I heard Jim is living in Nevada? I have been wrong before so this may be me another instance of me hearing what I want to hear rather than what was said in a conversation...... I think Jim has Nevada license plates on his car too, but refer again to my last sentence cause , well you know, possibly wrong again.

30. JEM

JEM

I think that was the one that was conspicuously useful to me, as it gave me a chance to take some measurements off the 7.00-18 Excelsiors on the rear...

John.