Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest R.I.P. Anthony Castaneda

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sledge, Jul 22, 2013.

1. bigBADwolf

bigBADwolf
    from Batavia,IL

God speed...R.I.P.

2. hopped up

hopped up
    from So Cal

What? I just ran into him at a punk rock show at the Vex a couple of months ago. Terrible news to wake up to. His coupe way back in the day inspired me to get one my self. Not to many of us were driving these bare bone hot rod's at the time. R.I.P brother

3. sled

sled

I never met him but i always wanted to...to me the Shifters were the driving force on the return of the trad custom and rod movement back in the early 90s...big respect
    Hard to believe ,really...way too young!!
    Deepest condolences to the family...

4. Never met him either,
    But no doubt he was the real deal
    Tragic loss
    R.I.P.

5. Mr.Bomba

Mr.Bomba

R.I.P. Brotha!

6. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

So Sorry for your Loss....Prayers sent...

7. Mr.Musico

Mr.Musico
    from SoCal

I to have the privelage to call Anthony "my friend". We have known each other since jr high school.

3-4 nights a week we would visit each others shops as we are within a 1/4 mile from each other. I am going to miss his sense of humor, I am going to miss our talks about projects, about family and raising kids. My son is named after him.

I got the call this morning as the sun came up and have felt sick ever since. We mulled around his shop this morning looking at each other in disbelief.

Life will go on for the rest of us but it will NEVER be the same without him. To his other close friends Parker, Marky, Kevin and the other Shifters..Im so sorry- lets celebrate his life..he will not be forgotten!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  8. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Sorry for your loss! I never met him, but I remember reading about him and the other Shifters guys many years ago, and they were an inspiration for me at early age. RIP.

9. Kid Rocker

Kid Rocker

Can't believe he is gone.
    I spent 4 great days with him in Sweden last month.
    RIP Anthony I miss you mate.

10. worn shoes

worn shoes

Man this sucks! Remember having some beers with him like 10 years ago at the doll hut. Very nice guy! I wish his family the best.

11. urbanriot

urbanriot

No words - so sorry.

12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wow Kev,
    I remember the 1st time I met Anthony. He used to walk past my house on the way home from San Gabriel High. I caught checking out my blk 34 3W. He had much longer hair then. He was a great kid, very creative and dug many of the same things that I did.

Found myself thinking about him over the weekend. Wondering WTH he was up too since I last saw him at Mooneyes Irwindale a couple of years back. I received a call from a fellow Broiler member asking about a Shifter name Anthony.

I thought Oh No, Not Anthony !!!!!!! Man RIP-Godspeed pal. Gonna be different without you here to stir things up😉😢.

13. Dogfacesmitty

Dogfacesmitty

This really sucks. I remember meeting him, Skinny Jeff, and Alex back at the '98 March Meet. They were really friendly and offered me a beer and something off their grill. R.I.P., brother.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

14. So sorry for the family and close friends. I actually was at the crash scene last night, I work for APD and was on duty last night when it happened. I saw the truck and immediately knew who had crashed. Just sickening, so damn tragic. If any close friends or family have any questions about the circs just PM me.

15. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

My deepest condolences.

16. Mrjona55

Mrjona55

Rest in peace Anthony our hearts go out to your family we are very sorry for your lost....... We shall continue hot rodding in ur honor. :/

HAZE AND HYDERS

17. So very sorry to hear.

18. fleetline-Ken

fleetline-Ken
    from anaheim

Rip Anthony, you are a bad ass dude! Thankfully your craftsmanship will live on forever in all the bad ass cars u built!!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  19. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Never met him in person but was pleasantly surprised at how easy he was to talk to on the phone. I know his friends and family will miss him. My condolences.

20. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

Never met him, but from what I've seen of him in Desperate Generation and read in all the articles about The Shifters and here on the HAMB, he seemed like a pretty stand up guy who obviously loved life and our hobby. I fell in love with his coupe way back when Street Rodder did their article on The Shifters in the late 90's. I've been a fan of his work ever since. My condolences to his close friends and family.

21. Sorry to hear....

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

22. Very sorry to hear about this tragedy.Met Anthony in the later 90s and he will be missed by a lot of people.I pray for his family and friends.

Via Con Dios......Amigo

23. SAVAGE

SAVAGE
    Alliance Vendor

Man Sad news RIP..

24. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67
    from J Town

25. hydroshawn

hydroshawn
    from Tx,Ca

Rest in Peace Anthony... I am not at home but I will post some pictures as soon as I do.

26. rcavaliers

rcavaliers
    from downey

RIP Anthony, you will be missed

27. swissmike

swissmike

Sorry for your loss!

28. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

God Bless, Rest in Peace Anthony

29. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

30. Aaron Kahan

Aaron Kahan

I'm still startled by this sad news that was my wake-up call today. My condolences and heart felt thoughts to Kevan, all the Shifters, Anthony's kids and the rest of his family and friends.
    RIP Anthony.

-Aaron