Register now to get rid of these ads!

international harvester dealers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by toucan, Feb 20, 2013.

1. roofer

roofer
    from uk

You are a sheep, fooooord, chevvvvy

2. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Can you be traditional and have 4WD?

If you're driving a '58 Impala (ala Terry in American Graffiti) and bragging about your 4WD, I'd say that merits respect.

And I know, he was talking about a Willys, but IHs are just as cool.

[​IMG]

3. pointer-1

pointer-1

I got my first brand new car in 1973. I was a 73 Scout II . The best damn all around vehicle I ever owned. I drove that thing through the winters of 75 through 77. Where I pointed it it went, Snow ,ice, mud it didn't care. It was replaced in 1980 as soon as I found out they weren't going to make anymore. I drove that one till 1999. It was rolled by my son (no injuries) and completely rebuilt. It had 190800 miles when I sold it. with only the body rework and an alternator replaced. IF they still made them I'd still buy 'em.
    As far as being a "HOT ROD". My son and I just finished rebuilding a 73 Scout II. It;s lifted and looks really cool set up as a 'roadster. No doors and a soft top.

Attached Files:

4. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

When I was a 15 yr. old apprentice, (1957) the I-H dealer in San Jose used to get swamped with work... They'd sub-contract repairs to the shop where I worked.
    (Mayfield's Garage, in neighboring Santa Clara)

I did more valve jobs and head gaskets on those Big Sixes than anything else in those first months. Attention to valve seats & angles made them just purr!
    High Torque would 'pull your head off', in the words of boss Red Mayfield...

5. Truckedup

Truckedup

On this site 4 wheel drive trucks and or utility vehicles are not traditional. Threads with Willys Jeeps are not tolerated. Considering the Willys Jeep is the most significant 4 wheel drive vehicle ever produced, your IHC doesn't stand a chance :D

6. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

"Traditional" sounds a lot like conformity.

Some rebel had to be the first one to rip the fenders off his roadster, right?