Register now to get rid of these ads!

56 C3 hood

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Katsumoto, Jul 21, 2013.

1. Katsumoto

Katsumoto
    from Utah

So I finally got to putting the hood assembly together and now that I have it on the truck it's obvious that I'm missing some hardware. I hooked in the handles to each side hood piece and I can see the bar that the handles move, but there isn't anything attached to this bar. I notice that there are two holes in the fender near each end of this bar on each hood piece (which I imagine is how these latch to the truck), but I haven't been able to find what hooks to them. Anyone have a 3 piece hood that could take a picture of what I need to latch these down? As much fun as using bungee cords on the inside of these hood pieces sounds.....

2. Katsumoto

Katsumoto
    from Utah

The hood.

Attached Files:

• hood.jpg
      hood.jpg
      File size:
      103.7 KB
      Views:
  3. 56C3B6

56C3B6
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY

Sounds like you are missing these?

Attached Files:

4. Katsumoto

Katsumoto
    from Utah

That's what those hooks are for!.......in that one box.....that is somewhere I can't remember.... Looks like I may be making my own if I can't find em. Thanks man!

5. Katsumoto

Katsumoto
    from Utah

Found the hooks. Man i love this forum. Thanks again 56C3B6. That's a good looking truck btw. You mind showing me a picture of your rear bumper brackets? I'm trying to figure out the best option. Did you have yours fabricated? Use an after market bumper?

6. 56C3B6

56C3B6
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from central NY

Sorry no rear bumper on it, I don't think it ever had one. I do have a bumper I pulled from a '62 Dodge panel truck which looks the same, but the mounts weren't quite right. Some day I am going to get around to fabricating a set.