Register now to get rid of these ads!

1965 Like We Never Knew It

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Jul 22, 2013.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

2. seatex

seatex

Sounds like a blast! Too bad you can't turn back the clock on the gas prices..........average of .31 cents a gallon in '65! Be looking forward to the coverage!

3. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

4. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

I can't thank you enough for covering this event.

5. truckjim

truckjim

You may not remember 1965 but I sure do.:eek: Sounds like a great plan. Have a good trip!

6. autobilly

autobilly

I'm diggin' this coup!
    [​IMG]
    The Sam's Drive-in sign rules too.

7. flamingokid

flamingokid

We road tripped to Padre in my buddy's 65 442 back in 1980.16 years old,a trunk full of cheap Falstaff,and a crop of bikini clad beauties waiting for us....man,those were the days.

8. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

Joey, it was nice meeting you and hanging out at the hotel. Looking forward to more coverage to see what we missed saturday. Nate

9. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

Good to see you again Joey, glad the Big Cat got you back home safe. I still prefer the name "Pontanic" but Big Cat is a close second. Looking forward to the full report.

JW

10. I was around in '65. Don't remember much... I was hitting the bottle pretty hard back then... it's the year I was born.

:D

11. RobErnst

RobErnst

I've had several 66's. 66 Chevelle 300 2 door post, 66 Impala 4 Door Hard Top and 66 Belair 4 Door Sedan, Delivered Pizzas in all of 'em in college. Great getting paid to drive around in fun cars with roll up windows, no A/C just cozy wings and vents. I'm 2 years oder than you Big A. My Brother 60WideWhitez has the only COOL car in the family now. I do have a non-hamb friendly 93 F-150 Short Bed with Cozy wings, inline 6 and a 5 speed, even twin i-beam front suspension (just a bit removed from the old solid axles of the 50's!). Had a great time taking it from Cincinnati to the Somerset cruise in / caravan in September.

When are you gonna post videos and such from YOUR trip?

12. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

The trip was chronicled in this thread

and by my good friend Nick (Nick32Vic) here

It was a hell of a trip, and I wouldn't trade the memories for anything in the world.

13. Joey:

Please be sure to come back for the 2014 Meltdown Drags... your coverage was superb!

AJ