Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs 1964 Falcon Wagon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by peterman921, Jul 17, 2013.

1. peterman921

peterman921

a year ago last April I bought a wagon for $400, already had a 65 4 door w/289.

[​IMG]

this year a few weeks ago a friend offered to paint it and help get it running.

so we hauled it to his place and $400 bucks later it looks like this:

[​IMG]

it runs but still needs fine tuning, (the problem was a vacuum leak where the kid used electrical tape to seal a 3/8 fitting).

still to do is trouble shoot a short in the brake lights, the fuse box is corroded so thats number one. the front floor pans need replacing. and all the interior needs work, may do a bamboo headliner. baby moons and beauty rings will finish up the wheels.

I do signs and graphics, so after Ray and Jeff did body and paint, I painted on the wood grain and will be making a custom hood ornament from AB putty. the roof is gloss white with laced lime green scallops.

it currently has a 170 IL 6, but if we cant sell the 64 Mercury Park Lane, we may install a 390 maurader into it, and part out the Merc

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool (?) - I am bored with red wheels but, they sure would look better than the brite green ones.

3. [​IMG]

I dig the lumber inserts....

4. Paul B

Paul B

same here

5. X3 on the green wheels, but roll with it like a guy wearing a pink shirt.

6. outlaw256

outlaw256

I don't like to hurt people feelings but those green wheels hurt my eyes!!!

7. Woodgrain the wheels too.

8. ParkinsonSpeed

ParkinsonSpeed

Some paint should fix the wheels..... Looks like a fun cruiser

9. Veach

Veach

One thing for sure you can find Her in the parking lot Love the Car and I feel bad I had to give 800 for mine but that was in 1980

10. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

That's a nice little wagon. I'd change the wheels and tires, but that's me. Maybe a full cap and thin WW?

11. mcnally351

mcnally351
    from boston

Cool wagon. I love the faux wood paint looks great , but I'm with the rest white wheels with caps would flow a little better. To each there own. Are you keeping it stock height? Dropped long roofs are the balls

12. peterman921

peterman921

just bought a set of OE caps for the wheels but will get baby moons and beauty rings soon. red is way over done and the wheels match the laced green scallops on the roof. I'm a sign painter, muralist and sculptor. gotta stand out somehow.

the wood grain is one shot imitation gold rolled on then airbrushed with a mix of orange, medium brown and imitation gold.

the surfboard will be painted to match the car[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. peterman921

peterman921

Veach, there is a two door panel delivery w/ 289 4 speed locally for 7500, I would by it in a minute if I had the cash. I just got lucky, this car was listed on craigs for over a month at 1000, but the kid needed to move so dropped it to 500 and after finding out what a trailer cost to rent (125) I offered 400 and he took it so fast I should offered less :)

14. peterman921

peterman921

15. Man,the wagon looks good and the wood grained insert is great,,the green wheels don't do a thing for the car,,and I like green. HRP

16. Very nice longroof!

The booger green has got to go! It detracts a great deal from an otherwise nice wagon. Just my opinion, mind you.

17. peterman921

peterman921

yellow is my favorite color, so its that or the green. no way in **** am I using red and with baby moons and beauty rings, white would be lost. keep in mind its my ride and the green will be toned down with these adds. and as you can see in the photos, different lighting shows the color differently.

18. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Nope. Still looks green, but as long as you're happy with it, go forward.

19. finn

finn

1). It's your ride!

2). There's no accounting for taste... (just kidding)!

20. peterman921

peterman921

your right its still green :) just not quite as bright in the last photo.

I've already been called a hillbilly by my soon to be ex wife, for what I have done to the car. so I am putting a logo on the windows that says Hillbilly surf shop. so anything that anyone else has to say about it is water off a ducks back at this point.

21. I think it will be good after you add the trim rings too. The bare naked wheels is TOO much green. Caps and rings, just right .

22. SLCK64

SLCK64

White wheels would stand out too

Dig the wood grain!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Paint the wheels white to match the top,,trim rings and caps would tone it down. HRP

24. hahaha! Damn right! Git yo'r board outta the barn,Maw! SURF'S UP!:D

25. peterman921

peterman921

[​IMG]

this is my other Falcon

26. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I learned to drive in a '64 Falcon 4 dr. Brings back fun memories!

27. Veach

Veach

How does that Falcon of yours run with that 289 in Her ? It must be nice to have two

28. LB+1

LB+1
    from 71291

Your wagon is cool - I have found "Cool" never changes the colors just change places

29. peterman921

peterman921

Veach, that is a factory 4 door with 289. most came with the 6. it is awesome. its a little worn and doesnt produce as much power as my mustangs used to, but it cruises at 75 nice and quiet with plenty of pedal left for passing or leaving someone in the dust. it gets 18mpg with a 2 barrel autolite

I love it when someone comes up on me in the fast lane thinking I'm gonna get over, I just mash it to the floor and walk away
    :)

we used to have three until the wife sold hers and bought a t-bird

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  30. Veach

Veach

That's what I'm waiting for someone pulling up beside me and getting their doors blown off or at least hoping for.Like I said before Awesome pair of Falcons