Register now to get rid of these ads!

Southwestern PA get together?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2loud2old, Jun 16, 2012.

1. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

i'm buyin some rainX tomorrow, hope it rains so i can try it out.
    have to buy some beer too, cause i drank it all at the garage waitin for the rain to stop.
    Dustin, you know i only have 6 or 7 of everything, well, some things i got a dozen of. like wagons. & if i get 10Gs, maybe studebakers.

2. chafin

chafin

Kensey your right about that. Always the I got something similar and better lol

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

I'd love to have a PA HAMBers meet, or all hook up at a show. Just to talk to non-A holes for a while.

4. chafin

chafin

I'm ready whenever y'all are

5. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

I was only able to stick around for a bit but had fun.

6. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

so nobody had a camera?

7. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

AWW no pictures for NO SHOWS

8. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Sounds like a good idea

9. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

OK,here is something we could do,AUG 10 meet at Fiddles in brownsville for breakfast,say 10:00 am then drive about 5 miles and go to the steam show. I personally never been to it,but hear its really something to see,& from what I've been told ,IF you arrive in an old car,you get in free & preferred parking!!
    AND they have an old restored gas station on the grounds that you would kill to have a picture of your car in front of it (gravity flow pumps!)
    Here is a link to their website
    http://www.nationalpike.com/index.html
    I believe there are crafts,& stuff for kids too,so make it a family day

So anyone in?

10. fordf1trucknut

fordf1trucknut

My band doesn't play that Saturday so I may try to make it.

11. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

This Wednesday is Pittsburgh Int'l. Dragway cruise night at Sonic in Bridgeville. Last year there were 700-800 cars there. You can even get your car photographed lined up next to the PID starting tree.

12. Lew031

Lew031
    from Pittsburgh

Hey Gary count our crew from Elizabeth in for aug 10. Doesn't look like anything else on the schedule that day so far so we should be able to show up with 3 or 4 hotrods. Keep us posted

PA-comet. We plan on showing up for the PID cruise also ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374495673.997414.jpg

13. 2loud2old

2loud2old

Anybody up for running to Johnnies in W.Elizabeth Tuesday evening.

14. LEW- car looks good in the pic. How did things go this past weekend - didn't you go to Norwalk?

Comet- If the weather holds out and I get everything done I need to for my wedding on Saturday, count me in!

15. Travis posted posted this in the pittsburgh area rodders group.

travj31 On Friday, August 9th the old State Theatre in downtown Uniontown will be playing American Graffiti on the big screen! Tickets are only $5 for adults and $3 for seniors/students. I know they have asked for some people to bring out their old cars for display, but I'm not 100% sure if they are actually advertising it as a cruise/show. If you have never been to or seen the State Theatre it defintely is a neat place of Americana. I believe the movie is to start at 7.

If anyone is interested, maybe a group of us could cruise town afterwards and hit up the local Eat'N Park for some ice cream or something?

There is going to be a car cruise.

Attached Files:

• agcc.jpg
      agcc.jpg
      File size:
      139.1 KB
      Views:
  16. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

17. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Sounds good---we should meet somewhere first and roll in together---that way I won't have to park between 2 new Mustangs

18. Thanks for posting the flyer Torch... I hadn't actually seen on yet.

Nice pics, thanks

19. No problem Travis. I'd tried posting it under your post in the Piisburgh Area Rodders group, but i couldnt figure out how.

20. I've yet to see any Hucklebuck pics! ha ha.. Next year i'm driving my 51 to Rally in the Valley unless nobody buys the 55 wagon. then i'll just fix that up and bring the whole family. It was good to see you again Torch. It was kinda like a drifters mini-reunion..

21. It was good seeing you too Johnny, wish i could have talk everyone a little more.

22. anyone else going tonight to the PID cruise???

23. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

Jibs & I will be there. and a bunch of others from the Guntown area. all Hambers stop over and say Hi. look for my car.

Attached Files:

24. will do... hoping to make it out sometime around 630

25. GARY T.

GARY T.
    from S.W. Pa

Was planning on going--but having one of my senior citizen feel like shit days,so staying home:(

26. racer67x

racer67x

thanks for the reminder on the PID cruise..should be a nice dry night for a change.
    :)

27. Topstrap

Topstrap
    from East Ohio

I'll be darn, you were kind enough to let me park in the only vacant spot left and right where you were all sitting. The old girl felt right at home between a couple of nice older cars and not sandwiched between a new Mustang and Camaro. Wish I had read this post before I left and seen your car, I'd have recognized it as I was circling around. I had the dust covered black 32 Ford. Had a great time, as usual the 130 mile round trip drive was one of the best parts. Always enjoy talking to everyone and seeing cars I haven't seen before.

Dennis

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  28. Jibs

Jibs

Dennis, nice meeting you, really nice car. Our buddy that we were saving that spot for never made it. Jibs

29. AJ0723

AJ0723
    from Pittsburgh

I'm up for that, I live right by the pittsburgh zoo.

30. Just a friendly reminder. Bud Garveys Picnic and car show is this Saturday.
    There will be some great racing history at this event.
    I look foward to going and meeting some of you great folk up there.