Register now to get rid of these ads!

Project Muzz: Aussie 50 Chev Coupe Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Muzz, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hi H.A.M.B. members. My current project is a 50 chev deluxe coupe. I originally bought this car in 2000 with intentions to build but got side tracked building other cars, life etc. My favourite chev built is the Dan Landon chev so aesthetically I want this car to look no later than 55. It runs a modern driveline though with a HR Holden front end, 500HP engine, T350 box (mate was selling it cheap and it is full manualised and built for horsepower), 9 inch diff on leafs and blocks set inside the frame. I originally set out chopping the car 4 inches but settled on 5. Still have to finish the chop around the back window and one door as well as numerous rust repairs and metal finishing (to my ordinary standard). Car will have frenched head lights, custom grille, tail lights etc.

Please excuse the trailer queen shot as the car is not running and it was the first time it has been out of the shed as I took it to a show.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cheers

Muzz

2. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Lookin good boss! Keep the updates coming.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. striper

striper

Nice profile Muzz.

4. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Engine bay

[​IMG]

5. scott51

scott51

Great looking chop, can't quite tell from the pics but how did you handle the belt line when you laid down the back window?

6. Morgan91

Morgan91
    from Australia

Wow wasn't expecting a hemi

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. tmf

tmf

Your out of the closet.

Looks great did you roll it off the trailer at the show.

8. Nice chop, Muzz! Love to check it out someday!

9. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks guys.

scott51, I didn't touch the belt line, I cut at the edge of the top of the beltline clean through on the ends and in sections through the rest. In the first photo you can just barely make out dotted lines on the top of the beltline this is where I did not cut the metal and just leaned the window forward. After that I just welded it up and required minor tweaking at the ends where the new panel joined.

TMF, I had it on the ground but out the back in the workshop area.

10. scott51

scott51

Sweet so when you say minor tweaking at the ends, did you have to change the bottom corners of the window frame?

Wouldn't they have dropped below the beltline when you leaned the window forward?

Sorry for all the questions not often you see that area handled so well especially on a fairly heavy chop

11. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

scott51, when the new panels around the window are installed the window is not too far off around the bottom corner edges. When i say tweaked you have to lift the the edge on the window frame edge (I left approx 3/4 inch from window reveal) and had to slightly knock down the little bit of metal I left above the rear beltine at the window corners to align. Sorry I don't have any pics to help. My plan was to take heaps but once you get on a role you just keep moving.

Cheers

12. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks great, but I really like the 550hp Hemi. So many chopped sleds have the look . . . with 100hp original stovebolt :p.

To each his own, I like yours :cool:.

13. Looking Great Muzz, although was suprised to see your thread, as it will be hard to fly under the radar now:).

Cheers,

Drewfus:D

14. Muzz

Muzz
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Drewfus I figured most traditional Aussie guys are too traditional too use computers any way and under the skin this car won't be period perfect either. :)

I have never seen a hemi in 49-52 chev and only ever heard of one done back in the day. I wanted to put something in it different besides a small block and my next engine option for this car is a 348 chev which I will now leave for my 32 chassis. Don't want to be accused of stealing someones idea.