Register now to get rid of these ads!

Leadsled Spectacular Friday activities

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bb1970, Jul 20, 2013.

1. bb1970

bb1970

I know the drags are still going on. But what about Calvins Customs party on Santa Fe? I've seen no mention of it. Anything else to going on??

2. Fat47

Fat47

Back up for the night crowd. I was also wondering if the party was on again this year.

3. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Haven't heard anything about it this year. Hey Travis, do you have any info on this? BTT for info. KKOA 2013 Salina.

4. bb1970

bb1970

Does Bright Built Hot Rods welcome visitors during the day on Friday?

5. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I live in Kelso Wa. The elderly gentelman that lives behind me kept telling me about his nephew who builds hot rods for a living. One day he brings over 3 magazines with cars featured in them. They were Bright Built Hot Rods. I have read about his cars in the magazines. It is a small world we live in. He was out here a few years ago but I didn't get the chance to meet him. I would like to have as I admire his work.

6. ARTSWRK

ARTSWRK

Hay there bb1970 I just hope it's not so hot this year! See you there.

7. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Morning guys! I have texted Calvin about the party as I haven't heard anything about it yet either. I'll report back as soon as I find out more. I usually hang at Calvin's for a bit then head to the Paramount 1 block south on the same side of the street. I believe the Hall of Fame induction is Friday evening as well.

8. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Here's the skinny on the party at Calvin's Customs 325 n. Santa Fe. To get our car into the party you must have your show registration in the car, to get yourself into the shop you need to have your show wrist band. The weather forecast is looking pretty good, all of that can change in KS in no time but fingers are crossed.

9. Fat47

Fat47

Travis, Thanks for the info. We are really looking forward to an evening at Calvin's. Will be there with the 60 wagon.

10. Thinking about making the 7 hr drive up there. Is there a website for a show flyer or list of activities? Also I was wondering if there were alot of parts vendors there, or a swap meet? Thanks in advance.

11. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Last year on a trip in our hot rods, three of us, we stopped in Salina for lunch and an employee of Bright Built walked over and invited us to come tour the shop. Great folks who seemed open to visitors and proud to show off their place. I'll bet they would welcome your visit.

12. yblock292

yblock292

for all you wichita and surounding areas, will be leaving my place, outside of derby friday at 8:00 am heading north. We are going to stop at the rest stop just north of the coliseum probably 8:45 ish if anyone wants to join up.

13. Fat47

Fat47

Texas57,

There is a small swap meet and some vendors, but they alone would not be worth the trip. The cars, however, are definitely worth the 7 hour drive. There should be two different custom jobs going on over the weekend. Generally one is a chop. Last year the other was a sectioning job. You can see the program by googling KKOA. I think the blocks of rooms sponsored by KKOA are already sold out, but there are other rooms available.

If you don't make Salina, KKOA has a show in Deninson, Texas later in the year, which might be closer to you. But, hopefully, you will make the drive to Salina. If so look us up.

14. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

Their site is kustomkempsofamerica.com click the Events tab at the bottom for more show info. Or ask me, I live in Salina and have been attending since 2006 so I know a bit of the low down on the weekend.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. mongo51

mongo51

Had my car chopped there in 05 havent missed one its the koolest shows next to the stray kat 500 and the starliner in the country.

16. Fat47 and Travis...thanks for the info. As it turns out, I've got to go 260 miles the wrong direction on Thursday (Abilene) so won't make it up there this weekend. I may just see if there is anything going on in the dfw area this weekend since I'll be in that general area anyway.
    At least we have the Summer's Last Blast coming up in Vernon, mid August.