Register now to get rid of these ads!

Larry Watson

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by OG lil E, Jul 20, 2011.

1. I peeled off my day-to-day calendar this morning and saw that it is July 20th, 2011. It suddenly hit me that we lost Larry one year ago today. Man, where does the time go?

I thought I'd post a link to a tribute video I made for him last year a few days after he passed on. He was truly one of the great ones! He is missed.................E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9SpsYyBS4

2. sololobo

sololobo

Brother Watson seemed so ageless that when we lost him it didn't seem possible. He is missed and constantly honored and appreciated for his great contribution to the sport. R.I.P. paint spraying genious! ~sololobo~

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Rikster

Rikster

4. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Fantastic montage, superb soundtrack. Very emotional ,yet uplifting.I'm sure Larry would have approved. Thank you for making a sad day a little better.
    Paul

5. Incredible to think that Larry left us a year ago already, I was thinking of him last weekend while attending the Arties Party Charity Pinstriping auction last weekend with another one of our "greats" Tom Kelly and thinking how blessed I was to have been able to meet him and many of the other awesome talent that came out to help as well.

6. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Never to be forgotten. Roger

firemangordy likes this.
  7. I can't believe it has been a year. I really wish I could have had the chance to meet him. He was the koolest painter of all time. R.I.P. Larry.

8. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Much love and respect for this pioneer in the kustom world, a big loss......

9. Was fortunate enough to meet the man a couple of times in my life, when you live in Alaska, you don't meet many. Both times was at CA car shows. Last time was a long time ago at the "40 is 50" meet in Anaheim. I stood in line like many and when my time arrived, I asked him if he remembered a Black flamed 40 with a blown Caddy from Alaska that I had sent a very expensive port folio of to him for the movie has was going to make. I was very surprised when he said yes and asked many questions about the car. He said he really liked it and wanted to see it in person, told him it was here at the show, don't know if he ever got to look at it as I was looking at all the other 40s. He said he still had the PF and still wanted to use it in his movie if I was willing, ABSOLUTELY I replied. Then I told him about the night in JUL 63 before I left for FT Ord for the Army, that one of the last things I did that night was go for a short cruise in his orig "HEARTLESS", he had a quick look of sadness, the a big smile, I told him I felt very fortunate to be able to do that and I, like many were sadden by the demise of it. Used to see it regularly in Eugene, a daily driver. He shook my hand said he would be in touch. I drove the 40 back to AZ and flew back to reality in Alaska. His death was a great loss for all, after I moved to AZ for the winters in 93, always thought I would get to see him again, but alas, was not to be. But not all was lost as Randy Rhoades recreation of Heartless lives on as a tribute to Mr Watson!! God Speed Larry!! Thanx for the Video Great job!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  10. mkilger

mkilger
    BANNED

many good times with Larry, miss him

11. norm ricardo

norm ricardo

12. Theo Douglas

Theo Douglas

Great video. Thanks for posting it.

I can't believe it's been a year.

The message at the end--"Until we meet again"--should make you think. All I'm sayin'.

13. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Hope you don't mind, but I posted a link to your tribute on a couple of English hot Rod sites. Lest they forget.
    Paul

14. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

Man that brought a tear to my eye

15. He will not be forgotten.

16. mysteryman

mysteryman
    from atlanta

great tribute video.

17. jipp

jipp

18. 52Poncho

52Poncho

As it did me.

RIP Larry

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

20. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

R.i.p.............lw

21. Glass_Packs

Glass_Packs

Agreed. God bless Larry Watson, still an inspiration to this day!

Thank you for posting this video,
    Tom - Glass_Packs

22. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Thanks, I'll bet he was a cool guy to know. RIP

23. BTTT for the night crew................E

24. grim

grim

***To a good life and an inspiration.***

(Thanks OG for the night-bump, and the touching video..)

25. 49SUPER6

49SUPER6

HERO, always had the cleanest cars and the most beautiful women. First time I saw him in Paso it was like an Elvis sighting, rockstar in the flesh. Godspeed Mr. Watson and I hope everything has some nitrocellulose lacquer on it up there.

26. I wanted to bump this old thread to the top. We lost Larry three years ago today. Man, where does the time go? He is gone, but definitely not forgotten. He is missed..........E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ9SpsYyBS4

27. hbwoody

hbwoody

Signing my wife's 55 Crown ...

[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
    chryslerfan55 and jimmy six like this.
  28. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

Thanks again. Roger

29. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

A true giant and innovator,each paint job a masterpiece.He is missed and loved by many