Register now to get rid of these ads!

So You Win a Lottery ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teejay99, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Jerry Rice

Jerry Rice

I'd buy back the one that got away; a 1965 Corvette Stingray coupe. Then I'd learn to weld and fabricate, buy a shop, hire 2 experienced associates and build em one at a time. First up, 1931 Model A roadster.

2. Tyeager760

Tyeager760

A house right on the ocean in Southern California with a shop that would make any professional racing team or machine shop cringe at its sheer size and state of the art equipment.
    For cars:
    1932 ford 3 window 427 sohc
    1932 ford roadster
    1934 ford 3 window viper engine
    1935 ford 3 window
    1941 willys 3 window custom
    1949 buick sedanette chopped
    1951 mercury 2 door (flamedabone's)
    1956 ford f100 Big back window
    1956 chevy 2 door custom
    1958 corvette convertible
    1959 Cadillac eldorado biarritz
    1960 ford starliner
    1963 corvette split window
    1965 ac cobra 427
    1966 ford bronco built into a trophy truck
    1969 camaro rs/ss
    1969 mustang Mach 1 blue/white stripes
    1970 plymouth roadrunner
    1971 plymouth cuda
    H1 alpha
    2006 ford gt
    2007 Subaru sti to take rallying
    2010 viper acr voodoo
    2013 Lamborghini aventador
    And build my 64 wildcat in to a ridiculously fast sleeper
    Infiniti arms tiki in titanium
    and the list goes on...

3. daliant

daliant

So I just won the lottery and didn't have work any more and all that stuff, I'd tell you what I'd do, two chicks at the same time!

Oh, automotive wise I'd probably build a 10000 sq ft shop out in the middle of nowhere and fill it with cars that I probably wont finish.

4. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

7102010q.jpg Finish this.

Nov_%20load%20006.jpg Build mine. (Pic not of my trk.)

original-3Window-large.jpg Buy and Build one of these.

5. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

Carefull. Both could kill ya!:D:D:D

6. second_floor_loft

second_floor_loft

I'd be buying an old Packard, mid 30's, four door, maroon, black fenders, white wall tires... Hire some long legged blond hair'd high stepper in a grey chauffeurs outfit to drive it while I sat in the back with a stogie and a glass of wine.
    Yeah, I've been thinkin' about this for a while...
    s_f_l

7. barett

barett
    from Taylor TX

I'd drop half on a cars, and shop, then I'd buy a real hot rod... I'm thinking F8 bearcat. Soon my wife would sell the cars and be very well off, as I have just killed myself trying to fly it.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. $10 million, I don't think it would change my life at all! I'd go to work on Monday morning just like I always do. Yeah right! I think I'd hire a couple of friends to help me finish the project I'm working on, (would take a year of hard concentrated work) Pack my wife in the travel trailer behind my Autocar and go see this great country!

9. stimpy

stimpy

don't forget to set aside some funds for the fur coats your gators are gonna need up there .. they gonna get cold ..

10. stimpy

stimpy

well after Illinois and the Feds takes all there dam taxes I would have enough to get a few gallons of gas and thats it .

11. Well the flat fed would get a complete make over, help Rocky to make Eagle a 1/4 mile strip with lights ect and all the goodies, have one hell of a party and save $8.95 to bury me.....

12. TERPU

TERPU

I love this game.

I would take the first Mil and pay off my house, my parents house, my Sisters House, and buy my other two siblings a house, and my Inlaws. That would take care of anybody I felt wouldn't piss away the opportunity of my good fortune.

Now for the second mil I would buy a house in Hawaii on Kaui in the hills with a modest 3 car garage and a house just big enough for my four person family.

The third mil I would start an organization to teach some kids who want to learn about and have the aptitude for mechanics and hopefully turn it into a really good way to give somebody a different look at life like I got to experience. Thanks Jim.

After three Mil whatever it took to give back then I would put 4 mil in the bank and invest another mil in Apartment buildings around College Campuses. Rents are always consistent and steady. That Mil would earn itself back pretty quick. The 4 in savings would be enough to retire on and play with my Grandkids when they get here, no hurry on that one.

So that leaves me with 2 million+/- dollars to be completely irresponsible with.

So-

I'd finish my '33 Tudor Sedan just the way I want it.
    then I'd buy a section of land on a Hill and build one very well equiped giant shop with a one bedroom apartment in it with a great dog and a good friend who just needs aplace to stay in it. Security you know these days is paramount.

That would kill one of the extra mil

Then I'd go shopping-

'33 Phaeton $75K+/-
    '50 Merc $50K+/-
    61 Bubble top with 409 and four speed, black with red cowls 100K+/-
    '59 Hardtop- 25k+/-
    1941 Indian 25k+/-
    Harley Knuckle 25+/-
    '28/'29 Phaeton or Woody 25+/-
    '58 Vette 40+/-
    '40 Willys Coupe 100K+/-
    FED with history for B'field 75+/-
    '36 Roadster 75+/-
    '57 Edsel Ranger two door custom 15K+/- I'd have to build this myself.

Then I'd put the additional 395K in a savings account for when my tastes changed or the fancy struck.

I'd live off the Apartment income and keep working my day job, just not as hard. I'd also make sure I got to vacation once a month somewhere the waves were really good and the water was warm.

Thanks for letting me play,

Tim

13. mrspeedyt

mrspeedyt

i'd put a new roof and paint on my 900 square foot 1915 house and get all my present cars running and driving... they don't need to be perfect...and donate a good chunk to responsible charities and become a strip club owner... :)

14. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

BIG fishing boat, full fendered 32 roadster, 49 rocket 88 olds coupe, and find my dads 39 ford and buy it back for him. And buy him a 55 chevy pickup.

15. fnjunk

fnjunk
    from Australia

First I would hunt down a killer 32 Roadster (blown small block) & a 36 three window with blown fully dressed Flathead both Henry steel of course!
    Then a chopped 51 Merc coupe flamed up.
    Call up my 3 close homies for a BBQ(cook out) give them there new rides and get really fucked up.
    Then fly over to your side of the world and hunt down the stuff I need to build my 33 coupe,
    Arden,helibrand, Columbia who knows a couple of other rides for the stable also?
    Come back to Oz buy a FN Big garage with a house attached to store and build my toys..
    I love to dream......
    I should buy a lotto ticket.....

16. GlenC

GlenC

Lotto wins in Australia are tax-free too!

The little lady and I would retire, I'd build a big enough house for us, our 3 children and their partners and our grandkids to all live in together, (we're a real close family) and in a nice 8 car garage just for me...

1. I'd buy back my 41 Willys sedan (my first car from 1966) and build it RIGHT.
    2. Import a genuine, restored 1932 Ford woodie from the US and build a hotrod out of it, hot sidevalve etc.
    3. Build a glass T turtledeck roadster with a Lucas PI mechanical injected Triumph 2500 inline 6 and 5 speed stick in it.
    4. Build a 'sleeper' out of a restored 1948 Ford Prefect (UK car) with a twin turbo 3 litre ricer 6 and all the good gear hidden under that long hood...
    5. Buy a restored 1950's plywood caravan to tow behind the woodie or the Willys.
    6 And for a daily driver... A 1960's Jensen CV8 coupe from England.

That'll do, I'm not greedy!

Cheers, Glen.

17. 1. Build a new house with a killer shop
    2. Finnish my 32 sedan
    3. Build a 32 roadster
    4. Build a COE with an old sleeper on a new dually chassis to pull a ramp trailer
    5. Travel the country buying and selling cars & parts at swap meets.

18. El Jefe ATX

El Jefe ATX
    from Austin TX

I'd go to all the high-end auctions and outbid Wayne Carini on everything he tries to buy and then shoot him a bird as I drive off in it.

Money wouldn't last long but it'd be worth it.

19. 48FordFanatic

48FordFanatic
    from Maine

20. You got that right. Especially here in Silicon Valley. :mad:

After taxes I suppose I could afford a full fendered model A coupe with a killer flathead motor and possibly an Olds powered '50 Olds fastback. Then I'd have my wagon re-wired and converted to 12 volts. After that, I'd probably have just enough money left to go to Nordstroms, buy a pair of socks and stop for a candy bar on the way out. That would just about finish off my after tax winnings.

21. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Well I've never purchased a lottery ticket, but if someone gave me one and it won!
    I'd first buy enough property to allow me to build my dream shop. That would be 100'x100', with many roll up doors, and a 2nd floor for storage, multiple lifts, paint/bodywork divided area, and finished floors. Also completely climate controlled for summer and winter. Of course it would also have a man cave area with all the amenities, so I could cook, shower, eat, relax. etc. Forget the house, as I'd rarely be in there, so the wife can figure what she wants on that end.
    I'm old too, but I'd spend the rest of my days building whatever I could afford with the money I won, after the dream shop!

22. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

You couldn't even get one player for a year at $10 million. But you might get one player to wear a dress for less than $10 million! :)

23. X77D80

X77D80
    from New Mexico

Easy..... :)

1) 69 ZL-1 Camaro
    2) 70 LS-6 Chevelle
    3) 67 427 Corvette Coupe
    4) 71 Hemi Cuda
    5) 70 Roadrunner
    6) 69 Mach 1
    7) 69 Camaro Indy pace car
    8) find & buy back my old 39 Ford Coupe

24. - Set my family right -
    Finish my car- cream paint, 2 tone green kangaroo leather, 5 speed, discs, sombreros, chassis, 3.55's, rear seat delete, chrome art deco cargo barrier & tarp. A shed to put it in.
    And two fine suitcases.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  25. hudson48

hudson48

Win it here in Australia.Paid in full and NO tax!!!

26. Deuces

Deuces

What are ya?.. A mind reader??..LOL:D
    Let's not forget a '67 Dana 427 Camaro and the L-88 Vettes.. And probably an L-88 powered '69 Nova SS...
    I would also like one of the "newer" 2005-2006 Ford GT-40's in yellow with black stripes.. Ditch the 5.4 supercharged motor for a Hilborn injected FE 427 side oiler motor with the "bundle of snakes" headers....
    Sorry guys!.... 10 million wouldn't be enough... Ya gotta dream BIG!!!... Like 625 million would be really nice...:):D:)

27. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Wow,some great plans being made here.
    Myself,I wouldn't change much. Just my locations, I would add one or two places to go to.
    Up to Maine and build a 40x60 home on the ocean with a 100x100 shop. Park my 38 foot novi out back and chase bluefin up and down the coast.
    Or just do what I do now and not try to get paid for it ( that's what takes the fun out of it).
    When I am done with it and pass on,give it to a deserving individual who has no clue of his gift.
    I'm pretty simple I guess.

28. stimpy

stimpy

actually after taxes its 6million here in tax land , I one would move out of state more freindly like back home to Indiana , or were the other half of the family is from in Iowa , buy some land and a house and build my shop and finish the ponch and try to find a old semi to tinker with and make some sick vehicles like a old school detroit ( v6-53 TT) in a new chevy pickup

and work on a special project a freind of mine has put into my mind .. ( a 2 stroke SBC on nitro )

29. If I won big in a lottery like that, first I'd not say a damn thing to anyone. Find an attorney that deals in that kind of thing. Put nearly everything in trust. MOVE!

Then, I'd go car-hunting. Like some of you guys, I'd be looking for turnkey rides, or nearly so. I've got about ten cars and trucks in mind that I absolutely must own, if money were not a consideration...and only one of those is newer than 1990.

Keep in mind, that if somehow in a perfect, tax-free world, that $10M would be gone in a year if you spent only $27,350 per day.

30. hotrod0317

hotrod0317

My Lottery list would be several cars.

1899 Stanley steamer
    1923 Ford Model T
    1932 Deuce coupe with a ford Flattie
    1937 Cord 810
    1948 Tucker
    1949 Mercury
    1955 Chevy Bel Air Fuelie
    1956 F-600 COE with a rollback
    1966 ford Mustero (look it up mustang and ranchero conversion 50 made)
    1967 427 Shelby Cobra

This list is a pretty good beginning. With more time I could come up with a ton more that are mostly all worthy to be on someones lottery list.