Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking For Road Trip Thread - Help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Spork!, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Spork!

Spork!

I searched but couldn't find it. A while back a guy posted about a road trip in (I think) a 60 Chevy wagon with wife and kids. Really cool thread and people.

I got in a conversation with a guy about how he and his wife had to work so much so they could afford their big huge fancy house, jack up diesel 4X4, Escalade, off road buggy, toy hauler, boat, etc, etc. He had all these toys but didn't get to use them much because he was always working.

I tried to explain that he is caught up in the So Cal image lifestyle and thought he (they) could be much happier if they simplified their lives a bit. They didn't need to have all the latest, greatest stuff. He said they did to try to make their kids happy. I told him his kids would probably be happy (and better kids) if he had fewer toys and spent more time with his family instead of working.

I want to show him the thread I'm looking for so he can see how these folks had such a great and memorable trip in an old, cheap Chevy. How they didn't need to be the biggest, baddest dog out there. That his family would be way happier (if it's not too late and they have become spoiled bats) just being a family.

Anyway, I had saved a link to that thread when I first saw it but my computer crashed and I lost all my links. Does anyone remember the thread?

Thanks.

2. striper

striper

Check the Journal. I think Ryan did a feature

3. roughneck424

roughneck424

4. Spork!

Spork!

5. mherman39

mherman39

Look for the one that Ryan wrote.