Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Lost '36 3wd Custom - Anyone Ever Seen It?

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Harrison, Jul 15, 2013.

1. redlinerobbie

redlinerobbie

I'm not savvy on the picture front, but just flicking through march 63 copy of rod and custom and saw this could be the idea that led to the coupe or the other way around, hope the picture shows up, redlinerobbie

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. That's a model, could have been the inspiration...
    Yea, it does not need those tailfins......

3. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

The first thing that came to my mind was that someone was trying to make their own version of Bill Cushenberry's El Matador

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Some things you cannot un-see.

5. Sakke

Sakke
    from Finland

This is becoming a cool thread ! Jeffries Kyotebuggy-design of headlights was one thing I didn`t saw on this thing. Find it and build it! It has potential to be a cool 60`s kustom rod !!

6. customcory

customcory

Here it is in Ray Fahrners shop getting massaged. Thanks to Justin Greene from Wild Child Customs for this. Now its worth saving and not changing.:D its the 3 window in the background.

321508_202169686527817_1310663501_n.jpg

kidcampbell71 and Maverick Daddy like this.
  7. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

8. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Holy smokes. Now I want it too.

9. Nobey

Nobey

Thanks Cory, the mystery is solved, now where is the car????????

10. williebill

williebill

I'm kind of surprised that more HAMBers don't hate this car. I love the crazy radical cars from that era, including this one, but would have expected the comments to run more against it.
    Embrace your inner 60s show car mindset. Weird and different is good.

Damn shame it looks like it was rolled outside in bare metal and left to rot.

11. jimvette59

jimvette59

Just kidding but if you look close while squinting your eyes you can see some images of EL Matador. I would like to see a Deuce grill, quad head lights and a C1 corvette rear clip grafted to 49 chevy. rear fenders . JMHO.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  12. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

Niiiiice, customcory.....gotta find it now!

Did another p-shop rendering that's just a little closer to the original design.....with smaller lights and a bigger grille opening. I agree though, that if found, it should not be changed.

[​IMG]

13. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

If I found it and were able to buy it, I'd redo it just as it was. Hope we can find more pics and info. And hopefully the car will pop up too!

14. hotrodsneverdie

hotrodsneverdie

I love this car! Hope its found!

15. injunjoes

injunjoes

Im going to go by there very soon eventhough I know the car is no longer there and see if I can find some sort of information ie current property owners might have an idea of where it ended up etc

16. Fugly!!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. brandon

brandon

For some reason, the ffront reminds me of a cheetah

18. Holy shit Ruben! That's cool!!!

19. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Thanks to all of You who took the time to Photo-Shop and add a Little Color.
    Your efforts prove a "Major Point" A Little SHINY and some TLC will always improve the looks of a vehicle !!! So much for that Patina and Bare Metal Crap.......... Jeff

20. fleet-master

fleet-master

that grille opening look much better Ruben IMO. But it think it definitely needs the chrome wheels and metal flake kinda paint job tho! :)

21. I would love to do the lead work on that car, Heck if anyone finds and it needs finishing I will supply and do all the lead work for free.

22. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

Well here's a bit of history for you on that car. My brother from a different mother owned that car. He said it was stored at Doug Thompson's shop, but I don't believe Doug had a lot to do with it. He said a man with the last name Hall started it. Also it was nicknamed the "ruptured duck" at least round here.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Was that ever a Missouri car?

24. yep....and then forget it about as quick as ya saw it.....ewwwwwwwwww. but hey, thats just my 2 cents...:D

25. Rooster62

Rooster62
    from sedalia mo

Hi gents I reed lots of post but never joined. sorry Well I found the duck in 1981 and doug told me it was not for sale. I hounded him every time i seen him. in 92 he called Halls family(he had passed with cancer) and sold me the car. It was stored at my fathers in sedalia mo. In 94 a truck driver from memphis tenn offered me a wild price at the time considering I was with a new wife with a new baby and lots of new bills. Ive always wondered. Well the hunt is on. I have all the info in a file around here SOME WHERE. Ill bug moma and we will try to find his name for you. Id love to see that old girl.

26. kmc777

kmc777
    from sedaliamo

Well there you go my brother has gotten on here and did his own dirty work. Thanks man I couldn't remember it all. Well 'cept "ruptured duck " who could forget that. Oh and yes it was in Mo, Sedalia to be exact for all you fellas who are keeping track.

Sent from my Desire HD using H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. fleet-master

fleet-master

WOW!! ya gotta love this place!!

28. This is crazy.This site rules.Hope you find the car it sure deserves to be rescued.

29. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Woohoo go Rooster. Lets track this down :)

30. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

This is awesome!

So, so far we have a trucker in Tenn that bought it in 94. Man, that's a long time but who knows, maybe he still has it or sold it locally?

Any Tenn guys remember seeing the car?

The fact that the trucker payed a crazy money for it at the time is encouraging. Hopefully that equated to it's sticking around over all these years.

Can't wait to find out more.