Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Ride!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by [email protected], Jul 19, 2013.

1. havocproductions@mac.com

[email protected]

Hey guys,
    Been a member for a little while and have had a "65 Nova and a "63 Comet convertible. Now its time for my new toy!! Gonna be hanging on to this one!! Just got a few weeks ago. It was previously owned by a guy who had it from day one and he gave me the original temp. registration from the dealer, the "protecto-plate", and original manual. He used it as a daily driver so he dropped in a new 350 with a new 700R trans, Power steering, Power assited disk brakes. He also put in Dakota Digital gauges and a B & M ratcheting shifter. I will be dropping it with 2-1/2" spindles and a 1" drop coil in front and 4" drop coils in rear and I'll be replacing the digital gauges with the original and putting my shifter back onto the column. I already bought rims and beauty rings and now I just gotta sell these brand new all terrains that are on it and get some white walls. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas! Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Very Nice! I can't wait to see it with all your great ideas on it!

3. havocproductions@mac.com

[email protected]

Thanks! I will update with pics as I get it done. Only thing i've done so far is put a radiator shroud, lower thermostat, and new fan since I was running a little high on temps and I fabricated a little bracket and used a 750ml Jack D. bottle as an overflow. My next project will be the shifter to the column and then new electrical harness and wires for the whole truck. Do you have any knowledge of the "E-Z Wiring" harnesses? Those are the ones I was looking at putting in. Thanks

4. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

I do not have knowledge on the "E-Z", although I have installed an aftermarket from LMC on my 54' AD, pretty easy. I too am going to purchase a new wire harness for my 66' C-10, it seems the majority of guys on the forum prefer the "Rebel harness", do a search for an Alliance Vendor here on the HAMB.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Congrats - if I was closer to you might be interested in tires. you should strongly consider putting a true closed system overflow tank on radiator to help with cooling.

6. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

7. havocproductions@mac.com

[email protected]

thanks guys. Yeah I just called a guy today from the vendor list about the rebel harness. Waiting for his call back. @Jalopy Joker-Where abouts are u in cali? i wonder if it wouldnt be worth shipping the tires? I know these things are going for between $160-190 online and I would sell em to you for $125. Might be worth it, i dont know. They had the stickers on them when I got the truck 2 weeks ago.

8. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I also ditched my Comet to concentrate on trucks. Way to go!

[​IMG]

9. havocproductions@mac.com

[email protected]

Nice ride! I liked the comet cause it was different and my wife loved it. I just felt very "Gilmore girls" in it! Lol!

10. havocproductions@mac.com

[email protected]

My comet. Had to reweld and frame to it cause it had so much rust underneath that the doors wouldn't close right! 2 months after I did all that work.....sold it to put a roof on the new (old) house!

Attached Files: