Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air Ride System Recommendations?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ColinCS, Jul 16, 2013.

1. ColinCS

ColinCS

I am planning out my build now that I have a donor car that has the drivetrain I want and air bag suspension (factory) already. I want to replace the crappy factory bag system with something good, but have only heard of airbagit.com, Accuair, and through some threads on here Slam Specialties.

Looks like Slam Specialties has a great price on their kit, but has anyone had good/bad experiences with any of them? Which system would you recommend?

I am on a decently tight budget, but am willing to pay a little more if it means I am getting better performance/reliability/longevity.

Thanks everyone!

2. ColinCS

ColinCS

3. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Accuair system is worth it.

Slam Specialties makes excellent bags. I have been installing them for may years, no issues.

4. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Not a bad price really, but I didn't know slam sold complete kits.
    Bags seem to be their strong point, not sure whose valves those are...

5. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

That's a good price. I have heard that slam bags split is this true? I run 2500lb Firestone bags and they have never let me down, tough as nails.

6. supervert

supervert

Stay away from airbagit.com or any of the companies that are associated with them like aim.

They have the worst customer service and will screw you over sooner or later.

7. ColinCS

ColinCS

The valves if I remember correctly are either AccuAir or "GC" according to the product description.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. ColinCS

ColinCS

After doing more searching on here it seems like a lot of people use the slam specialties bags and swear by them. Ill definitely look into Firestone too! Thanks for your response!

9. ColinCS

ColinCS

Thanks everyone for the input! Now I just have to do the work and save the money to make this a reality.

10. bigpokie

bigpokie

I have slam 7's on a OT truck that's daily'd and have never had and probs. been running them for 5ish years. That kit does look good tho. I would try to upgrade comps to 480s. IIRC te duty cycle is better. One thing I don't remember seeing is check valves. Not a must but is nice if an airline failure, the bags won't lose pressure. Also a schrader valve. You know for CYA

11. ColinCS

ColinCS

Good words of wisdom! I was wondering what kind of backup plan I could have with these airbags in case they did go. Thanks!

12. chafin

chafin

Slams are the more popular air bag and Accuair hands down for your valves. Ive had both in a previous truck and will not go back to normal valves after having Accuair. Depending on the ride you want, check into Firestones sleeve bags for the rear, the ride is great. For a shocks I would recommend using Bilstien RCD shocks. They're valved specifically for air ride and Ive also had them and swear by them. Hope this helps

13. bigpokie

bigpokie

wanna guess how i know ?

the accuair is a great kit, hands down. but you can run 2 dual needle gauges and a single gauge and what ever switch box and get close enough for ride height. but if the 1 touch option and auto level really intrigue you, then go with the accuair

14. chafin

chafin

I did not have the E Level with my Accuair. Im talking about the Accair maniflod it's self. The simplicity of only having 5 fittings total makes it well worth it. It's simple to deal with, great customer support and the option to upgrade later to E Level is a plus. You can't do that with any other setup out there except maybe Airlifts.

15. chafin

chafin

Forgot to mention there are 4 1/4" ports on the manifold for gauges as well

16. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

I went with RideTech for my 31, I'll be using an AccuAir system with level controls in my 37 coupe with slam specialty bags. Both Ridetech and AccuAir seem to be good products.

17. ColinCS

ColinCS

Wow, these responses are awesome! Thanks everyone for helping out this FNG!

18. BACAGrizz

BACAGrizz

I used Ride Tech on my 56 F100. Good customer service and an excellent product.

19. Had quite a few Slams split and bubble in last 3 years. Used tons of the Air Lift Dominators with only one giving a problem. Accuair is top notch controllers. Let us know if we can help with anything!