Register now to get rid of these ads!

So You Win a Lottery ...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by teejay99, Jul 19, 2013.

1. teejay99

teejay99

...hey , it could happen . So let's have a little fun , shall we ?

You win a tidy 10 million , look after your personal stuff ( mortage , family , friends ) , tell your sudden " new friends " to piss off and now you focus your attention on cars , trucks , cars AND trucks ...whatever , it's your call .

My list is in no particular order of purchase . Since I'm old , most would be finished , turnkey , or damn close .

1. '53 Buick Skylark ......one of my favourite designs

2. '32 Ford 3-window , full fendered .....must be Ford powered

3. '56 Ford F100 , Y block

4. '53 Olds Fiesta Convert

5.57 Ford Fairlane , 312

6.'63 Galaxie Fastback , 427 powered

7.'40 Ford Coupe ...with Flattie

8.'36 Ford 3 window , chopped top , Ford modular motor 5.4

That's good for starts , my new car barn is full , the moat is stocked with hungry gators . Life is good !

2. I would take my 1956 buick special station wagon out to L.A and let Danny from counting cars go nuts on it.lol.Bruce.

3. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

That's a good list.

I would just take better care of the junk I already have and finish all the projects I've planned for myself. And I's still need to sell a couple in surplus.

4. kracker36

kracker36

teejay, I would order me a nice fiberglass 32 ford with a vortec 350 stroked to 383 cubic inches and 350 trans. Polished saw blade wheels and a nice Easter Egg colored 3 tone paint job. Ostrich dick skin interior and Lambo door kit. Then when I pull up to a car show, the Dapper Dan headed pricks that do NOT have a tool box in their shop will like my car. On second thought------Your list is pretty damn sweet! I may just add a 33 Plymouth coupe with a 331 Hemi in there just for variety.

5. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

No turn-key purchases for me... I would need to keep building to occupy my new found time seeing as I had quit my job. :)

6. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

I'd buy an old building downtown. Stock it with the best metal working tools. Maybe someone that knows how to use em on payroll too. ( cause I ain't no master metal worker) and start cranking on some sweet hot rods!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. mrjynx

mrjynx
    BANNED

I like to think Id (firstly move to the states) and start a company that builds and sells one off concept cars. Wouldn't do much myself, just hire great designers and body men. Then sell them for lots of money.

8. cb186

cb186

I would immediately set out to find the 52 Ford convertible that my dad sold in 1961 and have it restored asap to as close to how it was back then(with maybe a few small improvements.

Next I would finish my Monte Carlo that's been sitting in the garage for 15 years. Then the list would be a 52 Ford Wagon to match the other 2, and a blown flathead Hi Boy. I would then start building a small collection of muscle cars(black on black, 4-speed, big block 66 Chevelle would be the first).

9. Keep

Keep

1932 Chevy roadster. I have wanted one of these for as long as I can remember
    1958 Corvette, because my better half wants one.

10. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

1. Have Roy Brizio build me a full fendered steel 32 3w and drive it from California back to Canada
    2. Buy a '69 Z28 with a real 302 not some clone
    3. Re-do my '36 5w and replace the BBC with a SBC stroker
    4. Re-do my '63 Corvette and get it as close to original as possible
    5. Buy a Cadillac CTS-V coupe as my daily driver

11. mel smith

mel smith
    from georgia

I would buy a time machine and go back to the 30's and buy a very large warehouse and stock it with new cars from the 30's 40s and 50s. Go back from time to time to check on things and update the building with air, heat etc.

Present day: drive and sell

Dream on !

12. robertsregal

robertsregal

I would build a nice size garage for my cars and my tools only. Our 57 Special-34 3 window ford always loved the looks of that car-64 Riviera with the 425 Great car.

13. aerocolor

aerocolor
    from dayton

I`d buy 20 acres of good land and build that 70x120 garage/apartment I`ve wanted for years to put the shit I`ve already built or bought in.... and quit my day job. I already have the plans drawn up.

I`m spending waaay too much of my day working for someone else.

14. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Ok here goes,

1. Give my current house away to a young family starting out
    2. New home with plenty of land and a dirt oval for testing :)
    3. Large car barn and shop for all the new toys
    4. Then pretty much buy whatever tickles my fancy on a given day

15. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Now thats funny shit right there....

16. R1FIGHTER

R1FIGHTER

I would start buying cars from this list and randomly surprise people with their dream car. I think it wouldd be fun to roll up to a gas pump and find some kid or guy that really appreciates it and just throw the keys.

17. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

cars would be way down my list---too many people could use some help---if there was any left my old vette would get it ,then i would search for lost cars from my past---my nomad, my 58 impala, 56 vette, 40 convertible , etc

18. Swifster

Swifster

A $10 million dollar lottery ticket won't go as far as you think...

1) Finish my Daytona

2) Finish my Commander

3) Buy a restored 1963 Chrysler 300J

19. Like Barn Find, I would first finish the projects in waiting I have had unfinished for so many years. Probably build a huge shop the size of an airplane hangar.Then maybe go Leno and start collecting Duesenbergs or whatever I see for sale that tickles my fancy.
    Ehh, 10 mil ain't gonna be enough.....never mind, I just woke up.

20. Puck1781

Puck1781

After the basics I'd have to buy my old man a '57 Nomad and a new Heritage Softail Classic to stuff in his new shop I'd build him. Then I'd open up shop with a gear head buddy of mine, and after buying the cars we want, start restoring and selling classics.

21. Turn-key black '59 Coupe DeVille

22. D.B. Cooper

D.B. Cooper
    from SD

I'd love to have back the first 5 cars I had as a teenager.

56 210 handyman wagon

58 impala 2 dr hard top

61 biscayne 2 dr sedan rear seat delete

61 impala ss bubble top

58 delray 2 dr wagon

23. prpmmp

prpmmp

X-2!! Get young people involved(free clinics),find retired metal men to put on the clinics!(I,ll be in class myself) put a tuner shop on site to lure in the young hot rodders to work on their cars then introduce them to traditional cars!! Every Friday would be Hooters lunch!! Man this is fun dreaming!! Pete

24. teejay99

teejay99

Lots of great ideas here ! In Canada , 10 mil is serious money because winnings aren't taxable like they are in the U.S.

T

25. Zookeeper

Zookeeper

Although cars would be on my list, I have higher goals in mind, you know something that helps lots of people. First and foremost, I would buy every house within 2 miles of my bosses house and let criminals and illegals live there for free. I would encourage all-night parties and hire any local band with loud equipment (music type and taste not important) to play 24/7. Remember what the ATF was doing when they tried to evict the cult in Waco years ago? That's what it would sound like times 10. Once that fantasy was fulfilled, I would move on to cars. I would buy a pro/mod car and use it for my daily driver, lettering and all. You know those little radar trailers alongside the road to let you know you are driving 3 mph over the limit? I'd put some numbers on one of those that the local police would not believe. I'd also buy a monster truck (gotta have a pickup!) for the family to do the shopping at Costco and the local lumber yard, taking the dog to the vet, etc. Since parking is always a bitch there, I would wait patiently for a spot to open up. By "open up" I mean I would wait for that dickhead that always leaves his cart wherever so that wind blows it into other cars. That guys car would BECOME my parking spot. Right on top of it. Double bonus points if it's a Prius. While I'm in the lot, any car I find with the windows rolled up and a dog inside on a summer day, would become an instant convertible. With a chainsaw. Also, because I'm a philanthropist due to being loaded, I would sponsor " free fake boobie day" at the local surgeon. Any female willing to get 'em shouldn't be hindered by rising medical costs. Anyone who thinks money can't buy you happiness just isn't creative enough when it comes to spending it!

26. Thumper

Thumper

..Easy...I'd disappear into the mountains with a big shop...and work on my shit....you wouldn't be able to find me with a GPS and a fuckin' Indian guide.

27. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Give my parents the life they only dreamed about growing up.
    Finish the Caddy in one hell of a fine way, Followed by a two weeks Vegas trip.
    Buy an old Factory, Make it a car lovers dream inside, with a shop open off to the side for people to swing their classics in for anything and everything they may need.
    Two Cadillac's from every decade from 30's-90's
    Throw in an old wood Chris Craft & I'm a happy camper.

28. williebill

williebill

I'd have a garage built that would make all the NASCAR teams jealous. Then I'd double it. Put a security system around it to keep all my "new friends" out. Buy a couple of milestone cars that I've lusted after. Then lock all the doors and try to finish all my other shit.
    Wait, I need more money.... That might not be enough...
    IF it was 100 million, I'd have security guys at the gates.. if you're not on the list, into the moat you go..
    It would be an all out orgy of cool shit at my house

29. papajohn

papajohn

I wouldn't stop buying $1000 cars, I would just buy more of them.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

30. williebill

williebill

Then I'd hang out with Zookeeper.. I like all his ideas