Register now to get rid of these ads!

time is flying by! HERSHEY 2013!! just around the corner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by skidmarks, Jul 17, 2013.

1. skidmarks

skidmarks
    from USA

Got the new AACA Magazine in the mail today. Cover page had a notice in large print at the bottom with URGENT! HERSHEY INFORMATION!
    Was the standard request form, but hell it made me realize that its alittle over 3 months and I can't wait! So here is your early bird notice for all the folk that say, man I would love to go! So put in for your time off and start saving your spare change!
    And for all the regulars, see you there!

2. noboD

noboD

Hershey is JUST around the corner. Not sure if you guys know it yet, but I was told by another HAMBer the Tuckers are at the museum. From what I've read they will not be on public display until 2014 but at least they are there.

3. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

Time to start hoarding some money to get ready. If I don't find one before I will be body shopping for the A-Bone.

Whoa Tuckers, will definitely have to check them out when they go on display.

4. sawzall

sawzall

5. Have my list and checking it twice. A new project just showed up so more to hunt for.

6. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

A reminder for all who plan to go for the 1st time, the swap is a mid week affair starting on Wed and ending on Sat. Even Friday afternoon is quite sparse with many vendors packing up and going home. Saturday is the big show and a few vendors are still up, but by 3-4pm you can stick a fork in the whole gig.

7. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

what is the "big show" on saturday? I plan on going for the first time so I suppose wed/thurs are the best days for the swap meet? Or thurs/friday? Gotta find F1 parts.

8. oldolds

oldolds

Big show is AACA judged car show. All stock concours restored cars. There are sevveral race car classes. I am thinking about 1000 cars?

9. Von Dago

Von Dago
    from New Jersey

I wonder if they'll be any recycled Sportsman parts this year? :D

10. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

What are the dates?

11. noboD

noboD

Always, always, first FULL week of Oct.

12. HEATHEN

HEATHEN
    from SIDNEY, NY

....and if you can walk the whole thing without keeling over, you can tell your doctor that you don't need a cardiogram.

13. Just booked my flight last week, and wil go to Carlisle and Hershey on a 3 week trip

14. Any chance of finding a room at this late date?

15. chafin

chafin

Hershey Pa?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

16. noboD

noboD

Is there another Hershey?

17. noboD

noboD

Yes, google is your friend.

18. ctfordguy

ctfordguy

Hot off the press... On Tuesday I gave up a room at the Comfort Inn in Grantville, PA... Right off the Intertate ( # 81, I think) 15 minute drive from Hershey
    Good luck
    Bruce/CT

19. chafin

chafin

noboD there are actually a few

20. Hershey?....It's a Sickness........But...GET A GRIP! and enjoy the summer first....LOL

Murph:cool:

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

This will be 44 years in a row for me at Hershey. I'll have a new HAMB banner for everyone to sign, same spots as last year C4J41-42, last ones on the left side of Main Street. If you can see the Brookville trailer I'm next door. Goal this year is to get a pair of JW Rod Shop '32 rails delivered to Hershey. Bob

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'm fairly sure the Honest Charlie guys have ASC rails not the JW's with the C notch. Shipping cost is a big factor with me too. Got the '37 X member and flattened rear crossmember ready to go. Bob

23. noboD

noboD

No Way. The only other one I'd be interested in is Barbara.

24. 48prerunner

48prerunner
    from ny

that sounds like quite the trip. Years and years ago my buddy sold a coupe to a guy from over there at Hershey , but one condition was he had to help cut it up so could be shipped back.

25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Time to start selling off unwanted things to build a Hershey bank roll! Bob

26. WTSHNN

WTSHNN
    from Chicago

I've done Hershey five times in the past six years and will be there again in October. It is an experience that cannot be described in words or pictures or video or anything other than actually walking the aisles.

I usually go and take a ton of pictures so if you guys are interested, here are my photo sets from the years.

Enjoy...
    -Tim

Last edited: Jul 27, 2013
  27. I wish I had luck with Hershey but I don't. Last time we were almost there when the rain let loose. Showed up to a sea of blue tarps covering everyones stuff, stayed 20 mins and drove 3 hours back home. Never went back...

28. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

Don't forget the Race Car Reliability Run on friday at 11:00 am in the stadium. It's great to see old race cars doing three laps and hearing about their history!

29. Flop

Flop

30. 5window

5window

JW was at Spring Carlisle-I suspect will be there in the Fall, too but you could always call. Looks like Mac's, under new ownership, won't be at Carlisle-a missed opportunity to get fee shipping on parts.