Register now to get rid of these ads!

Radir Wheels - Anyone Home?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by paco, May 1, 2013.

1. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

^^^Them are ugly!^^^

2. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

3. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I wish they'd do a version of the current wrinkle wall "nostalgia" tire in a 10.5x30 for a 16" rim. Just a little smaller than the current 31.5" tall, 12.00/16. But yea, the real deal pie-crusts would be nice too.

4. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

As I mentioned above ... I would try again today. Spoke to Rich & although he did answer the phone this morning the tire size I wanted was out of stock & is 2/3 weeks out.

Oh well ... least I tried.

See you all at the vintage drage at Atlanta Dragway on the 11th. My '64 barn find super stocker can't be missed - it's known as the Motor-Ville Fairlane.

Paul

5. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

I ordered a pair of pie crusts , was told when I would receive them and got them exactly as he said. He also put a Dupont blackener on the whitewalls for me at no extra charge! Rich is a great guy in my books !

6. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Thanks I saw that article but the 26' tall ones are slim & far between. I'm mocking up a 235/75/15 tomorrow to see if I can run the Towel City 8.20. I've already recentered the wheel to run a Hoosier 9.50x26x15 but the height is my nemisis. I do not want to cut the body.

I'll advise.

7. What about just the Radir wheels are they in stock or long back order wate.

8. paco

paco
    from Atlanta

Could not tell you - suggest a call like I did.

9. Thats what i am talking about great guys fast service:eek:

10. They did start making the older style wrinkle wall, check their webstie or the link provided in 31 Vicky's post.

11. Texas Quake

Texas Quake

I saw a couple of posts from folks running the Radir cheaters. I talked to M&H the other day about running their 12x30x15 Cheaters on 14" rims. The guy said no go, it would make them look like balloon's (they recommend 11" rims but say you can go an inch one way or another). Makes me wonder how Radir can say their 12x32x15 cheaters can fit a range of 15x10 thru 15x15.
    Any of you running the wider cheater on 14's, and if do, are they distorted?

Thanks.

12. What do you think a 12" tire will look like on a rim that's 2" wider ?
    _
    / \
    ]_[
    \_/

kind of like this ??? Some like that distorted look and even have a technical name for it. I have a name for it too.

13. tylercrawford

tylercrawford
    from Buford, GA
    1. S.F.C.C.

Give you guys a heads up . . . Radir said they were getting a bunch of 10.00-15"s in early next week.

I noticed because Discover sent me an email saying a large payment had been posted to my account and when I checked it was sure enough from Radir. Unfortunately I made that order like back in July/September of last year so I already bought M&Hs but I figured I'd let the HAMB know in case anyone was looking for a set.

I know they've got at least 1 10-15 pair available now :D

14. Texas Quake

Texas Quake

Tyler,
    How do you like the M&H? Are they cheaters or full slicks?
    I would prefer the M&H (I think) but they look like the edges are rounded and not as crisp as the old pie crust.

Thanks

15. i have run the radirs for years now. they hook very good. in fact i have to adjust my ladder bars to take out some hit due to bending wheel studs. the durometer reading on my radirs is 65. my sons extreme drag radials are also a 65. if you treat them to a tire softener the traction is incredible. also get them hot. a tire temp post burnout of around 180 degrees is good. pull to the front of the water box to avoid cooling them off running through the whole burnout box post burnout. look for a feature on the tires in rpm mag. coming out in august. the radirs i have have several thousand street miles on them. i would dought you can do that with the mh tires. i dont think the side wall is made for it. it would be too flexible and dangerous even with a tube in it.

16. Texas Quake

Texas Quake

Thanks, Racerx for the data. That seals the deal. I spoke with Rick, and he seems like a good guy. Guess I will go with the 10" as the 12" are too tall for my '32fenders.

17. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

18. Dane

Dane
    from Soquel, CA

That's funny... :D

19. I drove the car last year to symco it rained the entire 3hr drive. I had rich cut two grooves in the tires when i bought them. It should be very obvious that it is not the safe thing to do driving in rain. If you do get caught in it you have to go slow. Remember the tires are not perfectly flat. They look like the letter m. That does get rid of some of the water almost like a tread does.

20. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Thank you racer-x . Thats what i thought. I will be trailering most of the time.

21. well dont forget your display sign with all the shows you trailered to. and the cry babies to place around your car. and to complete the look put some fake food on a window tray. really why buy a hot rod if you want to trailer it. im lost here.

22. Texas Quake

Texas Quake

Racer,
    The cheaters are already grooved, right? So after Rick cut two more, you are running four? Didn't know he had the ability to cut grooves, but interesting idea.

23. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Some companys act like this when they have no competition...

Look At Cokers stuff

24. Texas Quake

Texas Quake

Never mind, Racer. I spoke with Rich and now know they show up to him as slicks and he cuts them as ordered.
    Thanks.
    Mike

25. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Race-x
    First off , I dont give a shit what people think if I trailer. I'm not sending my wife off with slicks in the rain. I have to pull the camper. If it's just me I will drive it anywhere. I'm building a 1936 International dually. Yes dually with 4 12" slicks. Blown ,injected 455 Pontiac with turbo clutch. So there you go, make your signs.

26. mmiceli

mmiceli
    from Aurora, Il

Is it OK to trailer a car if you have "period correct" wheels?

27. choke

choke

I called Radir today at 1:00 pm, got the answering machine. Rich called me at 4:00 pm which was 7:00 pm back there and took my order. Said he had 12-32-15 slicks in stock ready to ship. Said he has to raise the prices on the next batch because his vendor keeps upping his cost. Seemed like a cool guy to deal with. Should have the tires next week!!!

28. i ordered some new 15-12 slicks today. i should have them next week. in stock ready to go.