Register now to get rid of these ads!

hoodless hotrod issues?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by johnybsic, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

Hey with the new laws where you can go to JAIL for having a concealed storage compartment you could say you didn't want to get busted.

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

Street legal dune buggies dont have ANY sheet metal, except for the expanded metal for a floor.

3. stimpy

stimpy

if you have the hood hinges with springs on them that pop up that might be a impailment problem ( we used to pop the springs off when we took the hood off ,

I dont know what they would have said about my hendrickson semi truck with the 3 peice hood , you took the sides off in the summer so it would run cool, if it was really hot you pulled all of it off , never got a ticket but got some strange looks by Ill st Police going thru the scales

4. Muttley

Muttley

Sounds like a Hot Rod to me. ;) :cool:

5. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Yea, I went home and pulled the hood.
    Fired her up and it made me all happy. I'll admit, even though it makes it easyer to work on....I did wanna drive with out a hood. Its sweet seeing the nervous idle of a soild lifter engine :D

Jerry lee said it best.
    "I said shake, baby, shake
    Come on over, whole lotta shakin' goin' on.
    Oh, let's go . . ."

Attached Files:

6. not in Nevada!

7. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

When I first built my T Bucket, I used a set of cheap chrome valve covers from the parts store. An old guy tells me, "What's the point in getting those? No one's going to see them." I just laughed.

I think, in most states, a hot rod can get a pass, as long as you're not being an idiot.

8. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Oh lawd, we pray for rain around here.

The cars bare steel, i've yet to paint it. So it would'nt leave its bat-cave if there was any signs of the, What do you call it..."Moisture" yea thats it. I heard about it on the discovery channel once!

9. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

No hoodie, is that the same as running around topless?

10. Last year Hamber J scow and I took his RPU on a test run with no hood, lights, license plates, windshield, doors, seat etc. We went on a rather long trip around town and we passed 12 different cops...yes we counted. Nothing but a wave from them. I think you will be fine.

11. My Texas penal code book says nothing about not having a hood. I retired in 06 and it's an 06 book. Most times violations are for items covered in the safety inspection part. Hood in Texas is not apart of the inspections process.

12. Deuces

Deuces

.... And in to somebody's windsheild behind them....YIKES!..:eek:

13. Deuces

Deuces

I run around topless 6 months out of the year...:D:eek::)

14. Spork!

Spork!

I drove this car all over when I lived in Vegas (Henderson) and never had a problem. Lots of hoodless cars in town.

Attached Files:

15. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

I drove my '54 Pontiac with no hood for about a week, after I did some engine work. Once, a cop got out of his car at a red light, to walk over to me, and yell at me to "TAKE THIS CAR HOME RIGHT NOW." I didn't do anything to attract his attention ... a straight 8 with stock exhaust can't do much to get you in trouble. He asked me what would happen if a little kid walked up and stuck his hand in my fan. :confused: Factory shroud was in place.

There will always be some officers who will hassle you because they think they need to .. and others who will do it because they want to.

16. bomcadillac

bomcadillac
    from Las Vegas

I live in Vegas and drove my 73 f100 without a hood no problem. Even the "rain" was no bother