Register now to get rid of these ads!

Magnesium spoke front wheels

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by 64mod, Jul 10, 2013.

1. 64mod

64mod

What's the current cash value in American dollars for the mag spoke front wheels that were used on AA/ altered race cars back in the day. Are these allowed to be used today in vintage racing. What sanctioning bodies or groups allow them. Are they legal at the Hamb drags? If so what classes are they allowed in. Post pictures of your cars that are currently running them and tell us about your car and what events you race the car in. Thanks in advance for discussion of this thread. :)

2. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

well mr 64 mod had you droped 6 threads you will find pics of the ha/gr/sdra cars currently running. if you want a closer look at the sdra cars which run out of Tulsa go to www.facebook.com SDRA/Tulsa look for starbird car show .condition of wheels will determine price

3. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Having recently walked through the lanes at the LA Roadster Show swap meet all I can say is if you want a set of original magnesium spindle mount spokes, be prepared to spend a lot of bucks for the experience. I love the looks of them, but there's no way I would buy a pair at today's prices.

4. ThingyM

ThingyM

I was offered $1000.00 for the front wheels on my altered. I still have them.. Take it from there..

5. Hogride

Hogride

Add $1000 -$1500 too that . I just payed $1500 for some Billet Specialties
    repop's

6. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

15 inchers with Ford spindles go for about a grand and others (Anglia, Chevy) are less. 18 inchers are hard to sell, you see people asking more but they are not selling. I do sell them so these prices are real.