Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cutting whitewalls in SF Bay Area? Anybody know where?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by newstranger, Jul 16, 2013.

1. newstranger

newstranger

I'm running Supremes on my 62 Impala and am thinking double-pinner whitewalls might look killer. Anybody know if there's a shop here in the SF Bay Area that could cut my single whitewalls into a double pattern. Any thoughts? Is this even do-able?

Thanks in advance!

ns

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  2. newstranger

newstranger

Wow... nothin? Maybe nobody cuts whitewalls anymore. I had some radials cut back in the late 90s in Sacramento. I did a internet search and didn't find a whole lot. Bummer.

3. Dan in Pasadena

Dan in Pasadena

I like how it looks as is.

It might look good with red lines instead too, but that's an entirely different look.

4. newstranger

newstranger

Bump for the West Coast 9-5ers! Anybody? It's tripping me out that this is now a "lost art" or something... There used to be multiple tire shops that would do this a decade or so ago!

5. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I see ads on Craigslist all the time. One of my buddies had a set done somewhere in the East bay, just not sure where...

6. newstranger

newstranger

Man, Scotto, if you could find out, that would RULE!

Thanks!

7. supervert

supervert

Hooten tire in sac has a tire grinder. They run adds in Sacramento Craigslist

8. newstranger

newstranger

THANKS SUPERVERT! I will give em a ring!

9. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I'll ask him the next time I see him. If I remember correctly it was in Fremont or San Leandro... :)

10. 54rat210

54rat210

Looks great as is. Why change perfection?

11. mattrod68

mattrod68

the only places ive seen that do it cater more to lowriders & big rim type stuff. for lack of a better term a "mexican" tire shop as it would be known around here, and sometimes you can find a used tire shop that will do it but i cant be anymore help than that.

matt

12. supervert

supervert

13. impala59

impala59
    from vallejo,ca

sacramento craigslist. auto parts section just type in whitewalls. they run ads everyday for shaving.

14. newstranger

newstranger

Looks like Hooten Tire in Sacto is the place! I talked to Greg over there and he was on it! I called the shop that spams all over CraigsList and an East Indian guy answered the phone and denied knowing anything about shaving whitewalls until I said I was staring right at his CL add and then he did a 180 and kept asking "1 inch or 2 inch" in broken English over and over. Sketchy shyster... I hung up on him and called Hooten.

15. lets see em when you get them done.

16. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Looks like your already on it, but I would definitely suggest Hooten!!! Greg and Jr. are super kool dudes! They even have a machine to put whitewalls on any tire now, like Diamond Back does. I just picked up a set of used tires from them and got them shaved for my '60 Olds, they look really nice.