Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ROLL CALL! Bonneville Speed Week 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-Cal Speed Sacramento, Jul 2, 2013.

1. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

Glad to have you along Rich.
    We will be there with a few suprises. Our hemi powered Blown Fuel Streamliner went 352mph at the 3 mile on a license pass last year. We have a HAMB friendly pit area. Our owner/driver has a 55 Chevy with a big block and a deuce 3w in his garage and we take a AV8 5W and a 52 chevy truck to the salt for support vehicles. Feel free to come by and say Hi, share our shade, get a cold drink. This is what it looked like last year. I'll post a rendering of this years graphics when I can find it.

Coolest thing this year: I got permission from Ryan to run the HAMB decals on the streamliner. We may just take the HAMB faster than its ever been on the salt before. We are running on Al Teagues 20 year old record of 409mph. See you on the salt. G man

Attached Files:

2. NAES

NAES

Pops in law is running a solid aluminum disc on the front of his streamliner (EZ Hook now Parts Unlimited motorcycle). Maybe get in touch with him and see what his workaround is/was. PM me if you need his contact info. We all want happy campers at the salt!

NAES

3. NAES

NAES

doh!!!:d

4. firingorder1

firingorder1

I afraid when it comes you pop-in-law I'm nothing more than a bottom feeder. I think he goes faster at idle than I do flat out.

5. Will be there again, mostly spectating. Helping a few Friends with their race cars. I think this year I will give the COE a break, it has been there past 6 years. Will NOT be driving the COE that everyone is familiar with and knows me by. I WILL be driving my 37 Chevy Ute, unfortunately have to trailer it there as it is all stock and would take me forever. But it will be running all over Bendover and the salt. If you see the Ute, stop by and say hi. Looking forward to the trip and seeing old and new friends. Here is the COE and the Ute, Terry.

Attached Files:

6. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Justin I'm meeting the team in barstow. I will follow the team in the sedan.

7. kaui

kaui
    from SJC calif

Will meet the race car in Barstow on Thursday and follow them in the sedan

8. surf10

surf10

Im new to this site, also goin to my first speed week this year making the trip over from New Zealand.

9. surf10

surf10

New to this site, also a first timer to speed week my partner and i will be making the trip over from New Zealand.

Look forward seeing lot of these awesome cars

10. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

My son and I will be making the trip to the salt for the 7th year in a row, wouldn't miss it for anything. Good times and good friends cannot be missed!

The '46 on the salt will have to wait another year unfortunately - too many delays and surprises (normal dealio!).

See y'all there!

11. Hey mate, I'm heading over from Perth as well. I think there's quite a few going over. Are you with a group or just heading over on your own?

12. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Counting down the days.....

13. The place is always lousey with Aussies and Kiwis. Can't wait till I can return the favor and go to Lake Gairdner. :D

14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Went over to Bob Dalton's today to see the car and let Bob see what he can stuff in my van. I haven't seen his liner since we had my GMC in it, that I can think of. Sure is built stout. And that is the first 18:71 blower i have ever seen. Starting to get more pumped about going.

15. NV rodr

NV rodr
    from Reno, NV

Top Fuel Dragster runs a 14-71 Blower. Add around 5 inches and you will get an idea of how big our blower is. We have almost no setback on the blower and it still sticks far enough out the back that we had to notch the tank behind it for clearance. Last year we ran a 14-71, this year we make more boost at a lower rpm.

Attached Files:

16. trumph

trumph

Hey Brootal heading over with the wife

17. Candy-Man

Candy-Man

See you there Rob with the Belly Tank....

18. Avgas

Avgas

First time and really looking forward to the experience!

19. jimbob

jimbob

Looking forward to sharing some seat time with you Wayne :eek:, especially after some cheap mexican feed at a roadside diner......

20. Avgas

Avgas

Surfer, Im sure that our little Salt roadtrip will be action packed one way or the other way!

21. My travelling partner, Davo, is getting a bit nervous because I keep comparing it to the three-month honeymoon I had in the US. LOL

22. Congrats my friend!

I just had a little "lack of" employment issue but am still planning on the annual trek.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  23. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

Will not make this year but will be there in 2014..

24. This will be the third time out.

25. I posted this in another thread but Mayor Mike from the CARQUEST is grading 5 more acres for camping at the museum site.

26. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

That should be great. I haven't personally camped over there, but I have heard that it is substantially less windy than the bend in the road.

27. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

I'll be out with the RB circus again this year, wrenching and driving the XFGR '29 with Ken, John, and Dustin, see you fellas soon!

28. Maybe Bad Bob will chime in, he stayed there last year

29. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Salt conditions as of July 21:
    June 21, 2013 The Pre-Trip Team of Bill Lattin, Miriam Macmillan, Jim Dunn, Jim Jensen, Chris Douglas and Alastair Macmillan, has just arrived back from a 4 day trip to groom the salt in preparation for SpeedWeek. We were joined by USFRA members Larry Volk and Garry Wilkinson. The team found great salt conditions – nine plus miles on Course 1, eight plus miles on Course 2, five plus miles on Course 3 and four miles on Course 4. The depth of the salt varied considerably, but the 600,000 plus tons of salt pumped back by Intrepid this year, appears to have made a difference. Of course the weather conditions the salt flats experience in the next 40 days will play a big part in what we eventually get, but it is a good start. A huge thank you to the group who worked flat out for two days – 7am to 5pm, locating and marking courses, and dragging many, many miles. We also took the opportunity to touch base with lots of businesses in town, putting up posters, and continuing good public relations.

We look forward to seeing you all on the salt very soon.

Your BNI Board.

30. motorhead748

motorhead748

I`ll be there. Ive been there 6-8 times before but I always rode my bike out. This year Im driving my dually and hauling my 34 pu with a flathead and my ural motorcycle with sidecar.