Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '32 ford coupe found it's way back home after 56 years

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hapydz, May 16, 2013.

1. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Damn thats a nice car...Call Jack!

2. Thanks Jeff ! I did try but I guess he was out looking for gold :D
    Ron

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  3. Jos5eph

Jos5eph
    BANNED
    from usa

LIBERTY is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.[​IMG]

4. bonesy

bonesy

Great deal. I hope you keep us up to date on the build progress.

Hapydz likes this.
  5. RussTee

RussTee

Ron if its half as good as your banger it will be a trully great car congratulations on getting it back Rusty

Hapydz likes this.
  6. mow too much

mow too much

Congratulations, great story, for me it would be my third car.

Atwater Mike and Hapydz like this.
  7. Detroit Side Profile.jpg
    Thanks Rusty, you are very kind !!!
    A bit more progress has been made. The '32 heavy axle has been sent to the US to be dropped, the new front cross member is at the border, and I have just committed to a relatively low miles, '98 Vortec 350 in very good condition. As mentioned before, I plan on using the same mechanical package that has worked so well for me over the many years of trouble free driving in my '39.
    Ron

Tman and jangleguy like this.
  8. rsrfdad

rsrfdad
    from so cal

1963 I'm 14 and I've got $150 I want to buy a 305 Honda. My Dad say no although he had an Indian when he was a kid. So he says buy a car. So I find a 32 5 window no motor hood n grill shell in trunk. It had been owned by Tommy Ivo and a guy in La Grange Ill. bought the 4 engine buick dragster and the 32 from Tommy. The 32 was in his yard in the snow. We towed it home and started to build. I didn't know much at all other than what you could learn from Hot Rod,Car craft etc. Mostly engine sizes and horsepower ratings. We built the 32 with a Ford Y block 312 and a 3 speed floor shift. There was no interior really just 2 TR 3 bucket seats. The coolest thing about my car was a set of headers we made in the garage and had chromed. They dumped into a fram oil filter holder and it had a "T" bar for a spinner to open them up. or they went under the car and out the back through 3" brass pipes. There were "T" Nerf bars in front n back. The car was Corvette Marina blue. 2 1/2 yrs later I'm in H S and get called to the office my Dads there he wants the keys to show some guy the car. He sold it! I never saw it again. Years later I tried to find it throught the Ill.DMV But a shop had used the original title on a fiberglass 3 window with a blown hemi. It was gone. Here's a pic of my car in front of our hangout a slot racing shop at 87th and Damen or Western in Chicago. Where some pro Drivers would come buy and race in the slot shop. If I can attach it.:cool: Later

JP55 and Hapydz like this.
  9. rsrfdad

rsrfdad
    from so cal

Here's my lost 32 ford coupe. Last seen March 1966 Chicago Ill. 79 th and Crawford ave.[​IMG]

10. DSCF0137.jpg DSCF0138.jpg DSCF0139.jpg A bit of an update on the "Last and Found" Deuce...I was able to find a low miles (60,000) 350 Vortec engine in Thunder Bay and brought it home last evening (undetected as we passed the kitchen window :eek: ). As mentioned before I plan on using the same setup as I have in my '39 , that is the Vortec hooked to a GM 350 Turbo all driving a Ford 8" rear end. The fuel injection will be replaced with an Edelbrock intake and four barrel carb. Fun, fun, fun.

Ron

11. 32 steel

32 steel

thats a great story, good for you to be able to get it back thiers a lot off people that would like to have there first car back.

Hapydz likes this.
  12. MD6.jpg I need a little help with regards to the new '32 steel fender packages that are out there. I hear that one is much better than the other, regarding fit. Can anyone offer any opinions from personal experience ?
    Thanks, Ron

13. 32kustom

32kustom
    from Kalamazoo

Great Story!!

Hapydz likes this.
  14. Dropped 1.jpg Not much car stuff happening out in the shop since April except trying to finish the interior of the shop. Since I built it 34 years ago, I thought it was time to lay off the projects for a bit and finally finish it with steel liner panel for walls and ceiling. While I was working out there yesterday, I had visitors that brightened up a very cold, grey dreary day. Jeff from Mn. brought my '32 heavy axel that he had dropped for me along with the local '32 guys , Jordan, Cale and his dad ,Hugh. The company was great and the axel drop was beautiful. Sunny day today so I thought I would take a photo of the axel which was near the shade of my old '32.
    Ron

calonego likes this.
  15. Mercchev

Mercchev

Coolest thing I have read on the HAMB in a long time. Good for you, man!

Hapydz likes this.
  16. Love the story! I tried to buy back my 32 five window that I built in the late 60's. The friend I sold it to still has it but would not sell it back to me. It is all apart with no plan on rebuilding it. Sad. Glad you got yours back. Enjoy!

Hapydz likes this.
  17. Axle looks good, did you drill it first, or did they do it when they did the drop?

Sorry I missed you a couple of weeks ago, we were up to visit our son for Canadian Thanksgiving.

Hapydz likes this.
  18. The holes were cut before the drop. Really happy the way it all turned out ! Regarding your visit.... maybe next time :)
    Ron

19. Best story ever, who doesn't want that car self included. However, in this case I am glad the car went to you instead of me.

Hapydz likes this.
  20. putz

putz
    from wisc.

Neat !! Good for you.......

Hapydz likes this.
  21. Good to see this thread back up again. Wonderful story.
    JimSig

Hapydz likes this.
  22. Rochie

Rochie

Hi Ron,
    I thought the car came with fenders and running boards when you got it. Were they that bad you're looking for new ones. I'm glad to see progress my friend.
    Myles was over on Sat. and gave me a copy of the Cobo poster he did. It will go in a good spot in the garage

Hapydz likes this.
  23. 41 C28

41 C28

Great story and the transposed before and after picture is so cool.

Hapydz likes this.
  24. i wish that all stories end like this ...

thxs for sharing it w/ US =)

Hapydz likes this.
  25. One of the very best things to come out of all this would be the wonderful comments that the HAMB members contributed :). Thanks for taking the time to post .
    I hope it isn't the end of the story and I would hope that Chip Foose would read it and decide to Over Haul the '32....;) Wouldn't that just be the icing on the cake?
    Living the Dream,
    Ron

26. Hi Wayne; It came with one bad front fender and one good rear. The running boards look to be in good shape but will need new rubbers as to be expected. I will probably need to sell the roadster in order to build this one as I'm not working anymore... by the looks of it.
    Take care, Pal
    Ron

27. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

I'm glad to see you and your first love have been reunited, not many people have the chance. But then again not many peoples first car was a deuce coupe. Can't wait to see this come together and I wish you the best of luck.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Hapydz likes this.
  28. I would like to do the interior as though it was a stocker . That is with the original seat covered with mohair upholstery , well...you know what I mean. To this end, I bought on eBay, a set of stock seat sides as the original seat was gone. The search continues ....
    Ron

oliver westlund likes this.
  29. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hapydz, the coupe is back in good hands. Not many of us are able to "correct" a mistake as you have. Good luck ! !

Hapydz likes this.
  30. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey, Hapydz, if you install a 700R4 instead of that TH350, you will drop about 700 rpm's at cruising speed. My 32 Highboy (steel) runs a Vortek 350, Edelbrock 600 carb, a 700R4, and 3.73 posi 8" Ford rear. It tachs 2100 at 70-72 mph instead of 2850 rpm's. Great for cruising. I am 67, and still going. Good luck.

Hapydz likes this.