Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects haters gonna hate. My Rudy truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Plowboy, Jul 15, 2013.

1. weez

weez

I dig the stance, wheelbase and where the grille is!

It's a '36 btw- the front posts blend into the cowl, on a '35 they have a hard outline like a '34 pass. car. Talked to a guy in Detroit that owned a '36 and he did not believe me that it wasn't a '35.

As soon as I saw the paint on that cab when you were unloading it, I was rooting for keeping that color!

Get it done!

2. Nice work as usual. Maybe throw a surf board on top when your done, and call it, The Atomic Plank! Ha ha.

3. fleet-master

fleet-master

^^^ if he puts a bootlid on it ...it could be The Atomic Trunk? Cool truck btw...

4. I really like what you have going on with that truck just drive it like you stole it . LOOKS GOOD

5. guitard

guitard

With those posters, it's more of a Ratt rod...

6. willymakeit

willymakeit

I like these trucks. Building one myself out of some leftover parts. Agree on the proportions. Out of curiosity ,what is the wheelbase?

7. No disrespect intended to Mr Gibbons or his Rudy truck.

8. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Hey anyone see my vise grips????

9. GREASER815

GREASER815

I dig this truck!

10. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you, thank you, thank you Plowboy for calling it what it is and not using the "B" word.

11. pitman

pitman

Maybe they are holding in Mr. G's high-rise buckets??? :p

12. Looks great, I loved the AP but your trucks have always done it for me. But what would I know? - I'm only a newbie.

-Pete.

13. pug man

pug man
    from louisiana

I like it, keep up the good work.......

14. afaulk

afaulk

An open air outhouse.......thats probably traditional. Oh, motoandy I found a pair of vise grips the other day, probably yours?

15. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

16. Anderson

Anderson

Since HRP posted the picture of the Rudy truck a few posts down from a picture of the Plowboy truck on page 2....dare I say it, the Rudy truck is kinda ugly! I used to think I loved it. But the proportions are so weird, it's not the same as in my memory......yours nails it Aaron.

17. 53chevy

53chevy

I know your past builds involved a "Bubble" top, having a mullet and all. But this build is so anti-mullet, no way will your mullet look as good when you reach your destinations, maybe a T-top roof like the Trans AM?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  18. First of all you started with the best chopman on the HAMB... Kenny does these in his sleep and looses track of how many he chops per day...! Hahaha!

Next is that you are a crazy metal bending mudda... and this thing already is another classic "Plowboy" build!

19. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

yeah, Aaron ain't bad for a white boy...

Donna!...where's my checkbook?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  20. Lucky Burton

Lucky Burton

Aaron this is RUDY!!!

Attached Files:

21. slammed

slammed

Its a good day! Plowboy laying down a how to do it RIGHT build. Giving credit where credit is due. It's called: <-Respect!-> Sho' wood bee nice if the 'monkey-see-monkey-do' boy'z take this build as gospel and build a few HUNDRED to off set the (being gentle here) silly stretched and sway back styles that are at nearly every show thread lately. Kenny Baker is so FAST and so GOOD to point of blowing guys 30 years younger into-da-freakin'-weeds! Aaron, 'Ride the Lightening' was CRANKED today in the shop.

22. Redz Rodz

Redz Rodz

always dug plowboy build threads! like the way your are flippin' your builds now to do yard work ! saw the vicky at york nats with the new owner ,hope you have studded snow tires on that vette ! rock on plowboy!!

23. Murch

Murch

My Wife gave me a look as I lol'd reading this, too funny! Sorry, back to our regularly scheduled program, truck is looking pretty cool, probably get more out of it than you put into it if you decided to sell it, since these things are pretty popular these days, especially if your using only stuff you have already, keep up the good work!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

24. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Another home run from the Plowboy cave. Good to see you back at it Aaron..............show these newbies how it's done. Actually us old timers will be plenty interested in the details of the rest of the build.

Frank

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  25. Plowboy

Plowboy

What do you need a checkbook for Larry? I know how you roll, this thing would just be walking around money for you. Ha ha

Weez, I normally call it a 36, but my title says 35, sooooo......

Wheelbase? I can't remember, but it is quite a bit shorter than a 36. I think I used the stock 34 wheelbase, but I might have snuck an inch or two into it here and there to make it look right.... For some reason I'm thinking it was 113".

Slammed, I actually listened to the 80's new wave station a lot on this one. Ha ha

It isn't pink, it's FUSCHIA! Ha ha

26. Anderson

Anderson

I know a friend who had a car in a similar color...he called it "Radiant Magenta"

27. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I really kind of dig this truck even the color! I would drive it and drive it proudly.

I think the wheel base just makes the truck and the grill I really love how the whole package fits it just looks right.

28. 4444Design

4444Design

cool rig!

can't wait for updates

29. unclescooby

unclescooby
    from indy

I have a dump bed too. Not really but I do have rubber sheets and a fetish about it. The truck is nice if you like hot rods I guess. I don't even mind the color. I'm not sure what "fuschia" is exactly but I've always been told that only difference between Pink and Purple is your grip strength.

30. Deadbird

Deadbird

Another winner. It ain't no Vette but still pretty cool.