Register now to get rid of these ads!

48chev3100iroczproject

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mch0:48Chevy, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Mch0:48Chevy

Mch0:48Chevy

Names Mark but i go by marky, long time reader i love the work and the step by step projects. I'm starting a 1948 Chevy 3100 patina inspired truck. I have a 1989 Iroc-z Z28 that I'm going to use the Motor(5.7_350_TPI),Trans(700R4),Rear end(not sure what gears/posi),Front IFS, all wheel disc brakes, rack and pinion power steering. I want to use as much stiff of this Camaro as possible. I would love any feed back, advice, measurements on this year front clip weld tips. Etc thanks keep up the good work. I'll send pics when i figure it out.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  2. dad-bud

dad-bud

Hi Mark or Marky.
    Just a tip, don't use the rat word on the HAMB - you won't get a good reception from lots and lots of folks, even if it's just to describe the patina of your paint.
    Other than that, just enjoy yourself here on the HAMB
    Cheers.

3. LAROKE

LAROKE

Long time reader? Of the HAMB? I would never have guessed that. Hope you survive the hazing long enuf to get squared away.

4. dan sutton

dan sutton

Marky
    Good luck on the truck...have a 48 myself. Not the same setup...283, T5, MII. FYI...48s were called Thriftmasters, not until 49 did they start using the 3100 badge...like it matters.
    Look forward to seeing pics. And yes we will nag you like a bad wife for using the r__r__ word!

5. Welcome from the coast of SC

6. badshifter

badshifter

My feedback and advice is don't post that build here, and don't expect much help or love for it.
    Have fun.
    When you're ready to build something that belongs here, jump in.

7. Mch0:48Chevy

Thanks for the heads up!!!

8. Mch0:48Chevy

Ya just read alot of post and threads, never signed up till now. Thanks for advice

9. Mch0:48Chevy

Sorry didn't mean to make a fuss, most of the trucks I've seen on this forum are the same style. Traditional bodys and different chassis. I had no idea about the r_ _ r_ _ thing sorry. And its just more a patina paint

10. welcome aboard ......