Register now to get rid of these ads!

Iron Invasion returns to Chicago October 11 & 12, 2013 Woodstock IL

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, May 18, 2013.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

2. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

3. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

For the most part people had a good time at the event last year. People complained about the weather, the long food lines, the lack of port a potties, and the traffic getting in and out.

We can control 3 of these things and we have already made efforts to improve!
    We are getting in more food vendors (and they will be prepared this time), placing more portable toilets around the area, and hiring the sheriffs to come and do traffic duty 2 hours earlier than we had them scheduled last year. Traffic getting into Woodstock is always congested. It is just a fact of the town. Ask anyone that lives around there.....
    The solution is for people to arrive EARLY!
    This means you show up on Friday - park your car, and don't leave til the last band has played on Saturday night! Or camp overnight on Friday and Saturday - that is OK as well.

We are fans as well and want the event to run smooth, so if you can volunteer- PLEASE do so. It makes all the difference in how things go.

Tin Militia will be heading up the volunteers again, Tin Butchers will be helping head up the swap meet, and there are already some REALLY amazing historic rides for indoor display. If you have anything of significance - please let us know. We already have one buidling full of invite cars and the second building is going quickly.

Thanks to all that have made this show a success in 2012. We hope you will want to return 10/11-12/13

4. von zipper

von zipper

Had no problems last year! Gonna be there more this time!

5. silent rick

silent rick

got our rooms at the super 8

6. von zipper

von zipper

Gonna be at my buddy's new place in Delavan WI! Gonna bring him to his first Invasion!

7. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

8. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Another cool image from Car-N-Art.
    Hope people like it.

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Anyone with cars with history, magazine feature cars, or other show cars that would be a part of the indoor area - please email [email protected] We already have one building completely filled. Thanks

10. von zipper

von zipper

Got me a new put-put for the back of my Ranchero ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370999497.457266.jpg

11. justabeater37

justabeater37
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like was said above about the traffic, stick around and enjoy the show. It was miserable cold last year I know, but everybody decided to leave all at once. Traffic flowed well most of the day except for when everyone decided to leave en masse. My wife and I drove out a few hours after that and hardly saw another car. I suppose I better get a room booked before they are all gone again. See you there.

12. von zipper

von zipper

I musta missed the bad traffic! I got out with minimal backup! And yes! It was brrrrrr!

13. von zipper

von zipper

But! I still had a great time!! I don't want to say "I can't wait!" just because summer is just starting! But, I'll be there!!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371000085.232122.jpg

14. noclubjoe

noclubjoe

Yeah the weather was cold.... So what? I had a blast, as far as food, traffic and bathroom we had no problems. Iron invasion is a class act show just like torque fest, we will be there no questions asked!

15. von zipper

von zipper

Totally with ya! The first one was great! It can only be better with warmer weather! Last years date was on my birthday! So, I know what the weather usually is!

16. GovernorKC

GovernorKC

17. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

It's already marked on my calendar. :cool::cool::cool:

Had a good time at last years show. Didn't have any traffic probs, but I left later in the afternoon.

18. ...don't even wanna think about October yet, but with shows like the Invasion; it's ok to start thinkin bout it, room booked.

19. silent rick

silent rick

when are last years dvd's coming out?

20. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

silent rick - sorry for the delay on the editing - so far we have about 35 minutes complete. I am trying to finish up everything by mid July and ship everyone's dvd. We appreciate all the support from everyone that pre registered last year. We will be giving people different options for pre registration this year. We will be getting the volunteer and pre reg info up in July as well. Thanks for everyone supporting the show. We have been getting a LOT of positive response from people that did not come out last year. Seems there were a lot of people that did not think we would have the turnout that we did last year..... So this year we will hope to have even more participating cars! I was at Mods V Rockers in Chicago this past weekend handing out free posters for II and MANY people from Chicago had heard about it....but did not come last year.....
    I think that is going to change. Get those hotels booked. They are gonna be scarce in Sept.

21. I was just about to ask the same question, Rick. I had a blast last year, as my 30th bday was Saturday night. A little chilly sleeping in the tent. I've already got those days off this year, and am bringing more friends.
    Thanks for giving us a great show!

22. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Ha - a little chilly? cmon - it was only 30 degrees overnight - I remember checking the temp that morning about 630 and it was 37....with the windchill it had to be under freezing. BUT we were all there and we survived it. We will be there again rain or shine or snow!

23. Speed~On

Speed~On

There is a great article in the latest 'Ol Skool Rodz magazine covering the 2012 Iron Invasion. As you will read, it was an awesome event and fun was had by all. The 2013 Iron Invasion will no doubt be great as well. If you did not make it last year, I highly recommend you mark your calander and get to Woodstock, IL in October!! It's just too damn fun to miss.

24. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

We had a blast last year and will be back again this year. As far as traffic is concerned we didn't have too much of an issue, just don't leave when everyone else is! Might have to try camping this year if the weather improves over last!

25. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Thanks for coming out - and thanks to Ol Skool Rodz for giving us some coverage as well - I thought the article was pretty good. We have some ideas on possible added attractions this year and we will keep everyone informed as they get firmed up.

26. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Here are the vendors that are scheduled to attend so far.
    If your name is not on the list, contact [email protected]
    Why do we have so many vendors?
    Because all these vendors know that THIS is the show to attend in the Chicagoland area!

Gear Drive Speed & Custom aka Salt Flat Matt
    Relic - Minneapolis www.relicstripes.com
    Ed Tillrock
    PIPES
    Novia Del Diablo
    Jim Kelly HAGERTY Insurance
    Max Grundy
    Bamboo Lodge
    Trophy Queen
    Kiddos Cool Clothing
    Brown Magic Paint Company
    Union Speed & Style