Register now to get rid of these ads!

Beware of Jacob "Jake" Brown Oxford, MI

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ronnie Keithley, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Ronnie Keithley

Ronnie Keithley

Attention Hambers,
    I met Jake on the HAMB, he had just sold a chassis for a 33-34 Ford truck, but ask what I was looking for...he said he was a fabricator. He has traded under Rusty Rides 1929, and Vintage Speed Shop of Oxford MI, try to find that one on Ramsey Rd...NOT. Oakland County MI Sheriff can confirm this story and my police report. If anyone's bought a 32 ford car chassis with front and rear rail repair kits from Jake they are mine bought from a honest hamber from Grosse Ille, MI, oh and if anyone has bought 15" Cadillac wire wheels with ford hubcap adapters and a set of 15" wide wall tires for these wheels from Jake, they were mine as well, and the list goes on. Anyone with any information to nail this guy would be greatly appreciated.
    The only thing Jake Brown from Oxford MI fabricates are lies.
    Help me put this guy away and find my stuff.
    Thanks for any help!
    Ronnie Keithley
    Green Barn Garage

2. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

That is really unfortunate. Best of luck getting it sorted out and hopefully you will get your property back.

Man, you just cannot be too careful. I can see a time coming when there are so many scammers the only business will have to be done face to face. Sad really.

3. Joey7319

Joey7319

How did he come to have your parts? Some more details would be Good.

Good luck getting this resolved.

4. Ronnie Keithley

Ronnie Keithley

We agreed that I would pick up a rolling chassis, I'm from MD. He picked up thechassis for me and I had other parts shipped to him, it wasn't till I got poor responses for progress photos I got suspicious. He then used a fire photo of a fellow HAMBER and said all was lost in a fire, I knew he was lying when I googled the photo and found it wasn't his. He also said he and his dad cstom painted motorcycles and Jake did powder coating, he's a convincing liar.
    Ronnie

5. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

It never ceases to amaze me the depths that some of these guys will go to.
    I hope you don't let that one bad apple ruin the bunch for ya.

6. 416Ford

416Ford

Ronnie, I posted a link to this thread on the GMB social group. I hope you get your parts back.
    I had a guy steel my parts and tried to track him down in Arkansas before finding out he is in jail. Did not get my parts back but I am glad the karma got him.

7. Is he a Hamber,,what's his username? HRP

8. Ronnie Keithley

Ronnie Keithley

He's not on here now but he was rusty rides 29. I met him on the hamb from a classified ad.

9. oldsjoe

oldsjoe

Sounds like a real POS good luck with the man hunt and kick him in the nads for using the HAMB when ya find him! All is fair when dealing with LIEING CHEATING THEIVES!

10. best of luck.

11. ff1930

ff1930
    from lapeer

Check your private messages

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

12. Ronnie Keithley

Ronnie Keithley

Thanks ff1930, I appreciate the tip! I can post photos of the stolen items, I'm sure he's to lazy to make any improvements to the items. BEWARE Craigslist shoppers in MI, he has two listings right now in Detroit Metro Area, unfortunately not my stuff, it's probably too late for me, but hopefully not for you folks.

13. Ronnie Keithley

Ronnie Keithley

Attention Fellow HAMBERS.......Jake Brown is still on this forum selling and trading under "ratrods1936" he's bad for hot rodding, he's a thief BEWARE!!!!!!

14. Send Ryan a PM.

15. 5window

5window

60 posts and all just ads. Hindsight's 20/20 but maybe you'd be more suspicious of a guy only here to sell? Hope you get your stuff back.

16. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

17. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

I've seen several who only post in the classifieds. These guys should poney up for an Aliance Membership or be booted...and if skrewing people over definatly banned.

18. trbomax

trbomax

I bought a 59 chev 1/2 t frame and front suspension from him on 4/22/2012.He lives in a trailer park and the parts were in a lock it up storage locker. I thought it was a little spooky, hes a 20 yr old kid that does all this stuff???? Anyway,If he screwed anyone out of this frame,Ive got it.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  19. CoronetRTguy

CoronetRTguy

I agree with that and most sites I'm on you need a post count before ever posting in the add sections.

If only for sale stuff should become alliance members.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!