Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage The Race of Gentlemen, 2nd Annual 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 9, 2013.

1. THOMAS S&C

THOMAS S&C

Can't wait to get back on the beach!!

2. pila38

pila38

In-laws have a house in Avalon, so I'm DEFINITELY there this year.

3. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Count me in!
    Booked a room last night.

4. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

HAHA. We will be at a different beach about 1000 miles away. If anyone wants to borrow my Slim Pickens white coveralls and pith helmet let me know. Mel is the Dirtiest.
    Slim

5. Slim, thats my outfit!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. So stoked you are all coming! I keep getting emails stating people have booked rooms already. If you can wait, I'm trying to get the Starlux to hook us up, and they want too. But they have other ideas that they want to show me. So wait if you can! There will be plenty of rooms. They would like to keep us all together. Me too, as we can all hang and not have far to crawl. There giving me some outside areas for parties and bands. Just hold onto your shorts till Saturday if you want the best deal and all be together.

Thanks all! Oilers...

7. Thanks, Mel! I'm waiting to book until you give me a go!

Do you have any info on vendor requirements/registration?

8. We are not sure about vendors yet. We are going to have some. We are going to be selective. We need to scope out area further. We didn't want to get to excited as we thought it might not happen.

Vendors will be aloud to vend for three days though. We are trying to keep it all together yet not on top of race either. The race will remain just that , a race!

Wait till you see what is signing up! History on wheels people.

9. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

Looking forward to this.............I'm going to start back up on my entry this weekend and maybe a build thread.

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

This is incredible. Thee Zach Suhr is going to be there? But what about "there's no turns or curves"!!! Hahaha!!! I'm really excited to see you there!!!

11. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

You got it Mel.
    Slim

12. Verminator

Verminator

Awesome !!! Last year was such a BLAST !!! Gonna get out there and stir the yard -- see what I can build for this..... We'll be booking soon as details come...

13. 19LaidBack37

19LaidBack37

This is gonna be another mind-blowing show!! Last year was a blessing and I'm booking up and driving the 37 up again this year....been waiting for this all year!!

14. rld14

rld14

I'm gonna be there! Not sure about hotel, if I get my shore house rebuilt in time I might just stay there.

And I may even have a car to run... Email has been sent.

REALLY looking forward to this!

15. 62dartman

62dartman

Not gonna miss this one!!!! Cant wait!!!

16. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I got back on the racer today. Going to send the wheels out to be blasted this week. Motor work next week and rebuilding an A transmission. Intake from WAC is good to go and the exhaust is ready for coating. Windshield is also going to glass shop. Feels good to work on my own projects.

Attached Files:

17. Firepower71

Firepower71
    from Atlanta

This is going to be amazing. Thanks for all the updates, going to try real hard to get my ass there.

18. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

Cant wait to hear that exhaust TJ!! Looking good man! -E

19. Hey all! We worked some stuff out over this weekend.

We are recommending you stay at the STARLUX Hotel. It is on Rio Grande & Atlantic Avenue, NJ. 08260

There phone number booking is 609-522-7412. Of course mention The Race of Gentlemen.

I

20. This is where the parties will be. They have given us the whole hotel for the weekend. We have the run of the pool and patio for partying , drinks, and grilling. It has a "Googie" style to the joint and it's all just been freshened up. We are going to have music playing and we have this great room of the pool for lounging. We Oilers have also rented the vintage Airstreams across the st and will be over there with a little hot rod show. You come over the bridge and you are lead right to our airstreams and the STARLUX Hotel. The hotel has recently taken over a giant lot which will become more of the hotel next year. There will be a giant car show for you guys rolling into town on this fenced in lot. Going to be sick, this is one cool town.

21. We have also secured some large tents on the beach for a beach party very close to the starting line. Race cars will surround the tents and we will have some dirty rock and roll for a great night of beer drinking, and making new friends and poking fun at old ones. This party will top last years for sure. I wish I could upload pics but I can't for some reason. Soon enough ill get some pictures on here.

22. Ureal! We booked the Starlux last month! It was a gamble, but paid off huge. This is gonna be the best weekend of my life! Mel for president!

23. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I can't believe that this gig is going to be right in my back yard, and.............wait for it..........I HAVE TO GO TO A WEDDING ON SATURDAY!!!!.........SHEESH!.......and I can't get out of it (as far as I know)..... I will absolutely be there for Friday and Sunday though.........damn......of all the bad luck......why in hell did our oldest and dearest friends' daughter have to schedule her wedding on October 5th?? Grrrr!

CB

24. metalhotrodgirl

metalhotrodgirl

Bruice I feel for ya!!!! I woulda misses it if it was the weekend after my cousin is getting married I was bummed out for a few months lol told jer id go to the wedding alone he HAD to go race.. well now we both get to enjoy it. And enjoy seeing you fri and sun!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

25. Room booked! See y'all the 4th!

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using H.A.M.B. mobile app

26. Anyone interested in having a car in race. We need pics and specs for review.

A lot of cool early bangers and flatties coming in. Cars chosen get into our vintage style program don't forget. So you could send a good pic to turn us on!

Still not sure about later v8's yet. Haven't had many entries. Would need the right looking cars to pit against each other. Love some heavy chopped stuff like Andy's car last year.

We have a 1911 war going on, Indian vs Harley.

Also a 1907 steam car that is going to run if we find an opponent. Anybody? Hahaaa

27. TBone69

TBone69
    from NJ

A 1907 Steam car! Heck when's the last time one actually ran on the beach. I say let it make a run for the land speed record :)

28. Probably before 1910 when manufactures were still testing on the beaches. Hahaaaa

29. jerseyboy

jerseyboy

I'm in!:D:D:D It's always good to have a reason to get back down to the Shore!

I had a great time last year! Mel, will you have the same announcer?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  30. Hahaaa, yes! The announcer is in!