Register now to get rid of these ads!

1940 chevy truck build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Motorbreath, May 15, 2007.

1. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Thanks and you are correct sir, moved about 20 minutes across the border. Gonna start on the truck again as soon as I get a couple things done on the daily drivers.

2. congrats on getting the house !

3. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

The garage has a 12ft ceiling height so I'm thinking of putting in a modest lift, maybe something movable like the max jax system.

4. PorkChopMFMC

PorkChopMFMC

Anymore work on this truck? I have a 42 I have started on for about a month now.

5. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

unfortunately nothing new yet, hoping to get it moved to the new house soon though... I had the missfortune of being one of the economys statistics for a little over a month, but I have a new job now and its working out pretty well. Down side is I work 6 days a week and have trouble finding the time to work on anything.

6. lowtech57

lowtech57

Hey man I hope u get everything worked out soon because u really need to finish this thread! Bro, Ive spent the last Hour (at least) reading this novel and it just ends! All kidding aside, I think your project is great and I think you handle the comments with class. Keep up the good work!

7. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Thanks lowtech, times are tough, have been off and on, sickness, job loss, a real roller coaster. I hope to have it "home" soon, but paying the house payment takes priority to having it hauled here from the in-laws place. There will be alot of changes once it gets here. No compromises, just re-thought here and there. Im still going to build it my way, having taken so long I've had a chance to learn without destroying something valuable. As far as comments go, everyone has an opinion some people can voice them in a constructive way, others.... well...

8. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

Give the guy a break. The first thing I built looked like shit. Thats why it is tore all back apart and on the backburner. I have built or helped build 12 cars since. Gone 100mph in all and I am still here. Even my first rough attempt. Let the man live and learn. If we see problems lets just try to help him fix them. The truck is not my style either but it is a hotrod. Lets show some respect.
    Most of us have been in the same boats.

9. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Man... between getting laid off and herniating two disc in my back this truck is going no-where fast.... It really looks like its about to be parted out. If I do Im keeping the engine and trans and putting them away for future use. I really dont want to but the money isnt there, and with my back the ability to do anything to it isnt there........ blah....

10. miraclepieco

miraclepieco
    BANNED

I respect anyone who builds their car outside.

11. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

So I finally get to the point of getting to work on the truck. I go to look at it today at my In-laws and find that at some point a tree has decided to cancel my project.

12. Motorbreath

Motorbreath

Yeah I realize I can, its just one of those nail in the coffin or straw that broke the camels back things I believe.