Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chapter 5: Gratitude!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SanDiegoJoe, Jul 12, 2013.

1. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

A HUGE thank you to my friend Louie and the good folks down at Car Connection in Barrio Logan. I just got my 1950 Ford Custom Coupe back and it's like a totally different car.

Issues: It was drifting all over the road and it was extremely underpowered. The brakes were just ok.

Louie's dad (Louie) dug in and it turned out that I did not need a rebuild on the stock flathead. There was a vacuum leak that was causing 2 of the cylinders to stop firing when there was a load on the motor. Also, the spark plug wires were crossfiring (he found out the hard way - with them in his hand). big Louie is an artist when it comes to old carbs and after a rebuild and all the other work the 239 feels responsive and it gives the proper amount of power (It's still a 239 Flathead, I won't say "fast").

The suspension was in need of serious love. The tires were very cracked, the shocks were shot and the '50 needed kingpins. The brakes were pretty much completely re-done. After sending it out for the alignment, it sails down the road super straight. The new Coker Classic tires do not follow the lines in the freeway and there is no more bouncing into the other lane with the proper length, new lowered shocks.

They even had the car detailed.
    [​IMG]

I love this car - and the guys at Car Connection treat it real nice.

Thanks!! - Joe

2. belair

belair

3. Lookin' good!

Glad those guys got it sorted for you! :D

4. TOMMAY

TOMMAY
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from MOBILE,AL

Just read all five chapters,great read,great car.

Reading your stories reminds me of a sticker I saw at a bike rally one time. Ya know, a lot times you'll see a sticker that says -Ride to live,Live to ride. This one said -Ride to eat,Eat to ride. That's the one you need.

5. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Thanks for following along TOMMAY.
    Eat to ride... too funny!