Register now to get rid of these ads!

GoodGuys Columbus 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1959apache, Jun 4, 2013.

1. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Registration is in the same place but have to use the lot behind it,I went up today was packed in the reg lot some fine cars already there going to be a great weekend wheather included:D

2. I'll be around. Both in the show taking a look but also at the hotels taking further looks. I also know of a few vintage cars for sale near by.

My trophy case has a trophy case!

3. My first trip, good preview at registration and hotel last note . Probably hit drags tonite .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. HotRodHighley

HotRodHighley
    from cincy, oh

Just got back. Went up today with my son and went thru swap meet and new vendors. Going back up tomorrow to look at all the cool cars. Staying next to host hotel tomorrow night. Can't wait to go back..

5. I'm here working for our dealership's display of GM Performance Parts. If you see the corporate display I'm at the dealership display to the right in front of the fence. Look for Joe. If you need a GM Performance Parts catalog, stop by. I'm running low on them so don't wait too long.

So far the only cars I've been able to see are the ones that have driven by our spot. Hoping to hit the swap meet and get some car viewing in.

6. Someone get a picture of the orange 34 3-window built by Fast Lane for George Poteet.

7. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

On my way... Loaned out my driver so I'll be a spectator with project pictures... Nice event and the weather forcast seems better than last year...

8. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

I agree. I would like to see that in person but will not make it this year.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  9. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Car count and vendor count is way low this year. You can't blame the weather.

Ago

10. 1959apache

1959apache

It was like 6 to 8k last year. What is it this year?

11. Byrd Man

Byrd Man

Heading up in a few, abt a 2 hr commute from Cincy. This is my first time attending and really looking forward to it. I've drag raced semi-pro and never had the time as I was either wrenching or racing. I passed last year because of the scorching heat. Weather should make this a descent day. I hope its all that I've heard it to be. Safe travels for all this weekend.
    --Byrd

12. B.Piper

B.Piper

Does anyone know where the good cruise spots are for tonight.. Busch/161 was kinda a dud last year.. I hear that Polaris is starting to become the new hot spot

13. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

We've been here since noon Thursday. Been a great weekend so far.
    Packed as always.
    Weather is perfect.

We've got 12 or so cars in our group. Been having fun.

If seiing 6000 cars and all the stuff associated with it, and paying 40-80 bucks is too much, stay home. Everyone here is having a great time.

20 cases of beer, a gallon of Capt. Morgan and gallon of "lemonade" have been consumed and its only 2pm sat...lol
    We doin just fine

14. tommyd

tommyd
    from South Indy

I have to stay home and prep for a Monday morning colonoscopy! Anyone want to trade and I'll go to C-bus instead!:D See you at INDY G.G.

15. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like everything is going great, despite the $$$$'s. I guess in this day and age you just open your wallet and if there is anything left after they get their hands out of it count yourself lucky. I used to go every year but have missed the last couple. Maybe I'll have another car finished by next year so that will get the juices flowing to get out and about.

Frank

16. ags41dave

ags41dave
    from midwest

Just got back from Columbus had a great time there are many outstanding cars,yah, the 90$ entry fee is rough especially for one day but it was fun and worth going to see Kevins ex elverne Pfeifer Willys a lot of nice cars for sale you could get almost any stage of build you might want,great weather too but would'nt take much to improve over last year

17. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Went today with my Son, walked our tails off.
    I have to agree with the number of cars being down, there were plenty of places to park compared to previous years.
    I think the quality of the cars continues to get better, but the number of venders seemed to us to be way down!
    We watched the autocross as both my Son and I have competed in events for many years. We could not believe they let the competitors on the course with passengers and no helmets! That's just plain NUTS!
    Bought some new tee shirts from my favorite powder coaters(very cool designs & only $10)! The walk back to where my son parked his car was arduous at best!
    I don't know, but I think they may need to think their admission pricing over a bit!
    Just my observations today, KK

18. thenephilm

thenephilm
    from cincinnati

Got home not too long ago, found it to be a great show. The attendance did seem a little down but the quality was awesome.

19. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Checkered Past 40 that won the Ridler was selected Street Rod of the year and the Troy/Poteet Torino was selected as Street Machine of the year... The Fast Lane/Poteet 34 was pure 60's bad to the bone - Nailhead powered, chopped, full fendered, Real Wheels with a perfect stance was a Rod contender along with the 34 that was this years AMBR top ten car

20. KevinS

KevinS
    from Ohio

Thanks! It was good to meet many people today from this site and speak with them. Thanks for the plug on the our Willys.

21. Bull

Bull

While you're at it, walk to the booth right across the aisle and say hi. I'm in the Wizards booth all weekend . . . staring at that killer hot rod in the Ross Racing Engines booth!

22. well I don't know actuall attendance numbers but I know I took a pic of a white 59 edsel wagon that had number 5004 on its card

23. 1959apache

1959apache

Yeah I'm here right now with the wife. The turnout is lousy, especially with the vendors. Nice breeze though. Found a 40 Plymouth and two 41's. we are still going to have fun though. Found a couple hambers here!

24. halfasskustoms

halfasskustoms
    from Durham NC

Post some pics already.......C-mon guys.

25. carlos

carlos
    from ohio

Dont know what show you was at ,damn sure wasnt the one I was fri and sat,guess you should have stayed home and saved your 3 five dollar bills and 3 ones:DLOL but Sundays do suck and we are a minoirty .I would like to know what the hell some of these people are smokin on the prices of some of the junk they were tryin to unload on somebody

26. GOATROPER02

GOATROPER02
    from OHIO

It's Sunday..... That's the nature if the beast .....50% if the cars that have been here since thurs night have headed for home.

27. I posted a link to my pics on the Columbus goodguys pic thread 1339 pics in all I found quite abit to take pictures of

28. SKRTCHSR

SKRTCHSR
    from Cincinnati

The cars were great and the people as well. Got to meet the builder of the 40 that won, great guy and congrats! Booked my rooms for next year.

29. I loved the show. Got a nice set of plates for cheap. The only bad guy at the show was the only guy who had some parts and didn't want to negotiate on price... not something rare, or even in good shape... but it was still an awesome show.

My trophy case has a trophy case!

Attached Files:

30. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

I went to columbus on thursday and came home today [sun]
    We had GREAT weather, seen some old friends, laughed alot, ate too much, seen some killer cars. As far as the car count I seen some window stickers in the high 5000 range on saturday morning and I thought the vendor count was up. I'll be back next year!