Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tool Rolls/Small Took Kits

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JMel, Jul 13, 2013.

1. JMel

JMel

I'm looking for a smaller & more organized tool kit for my roadster. I don't have a lot of storage space with my z'ed frame and channeled body. Currently have a tool bag, but its just a bunch of crap thrown in the bag, and if I want to find anything, i end up getting frustrated and dump the whole damned bag to find what I need. Need something more organized than just a bag. Don't have room for a box, and trunk is unfinished at this point, so need something pretty secure so I don't have my tools bouncing down the road if they get loose from the bag from a bumpy ride.

Anybody else with a small car and limited space have or can recommend a good tool roll or organized took kit? Been looking for them periodically at lowes, home depot, and northern tool and can never seem to find anything.

2. moparmuscle1

moparmuscle1

My Harley dresser came with a nice one from the factory , its compact to fit in the tour pack and I found I could add the few things you might need . If you want a little bigger , the after market tool bags for a motorcycle have lots to chose from and they have to be small to fit in the bike .

3. shivasdad

shivasdad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013

4. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

I made my seat back fold forward, and the plan is to make a pouch pack that will either attach to the back of the seat back, or to the trunk firewall behind the seat.

5. 39 Ford

39 Ford

You can not have to many tools in your car, chances are you will need the one left at home. That said, can you bolt a small box somewhere in the car where you have access but it will not roll around, bungie cords also work well. I prefer a box over a roll as you can put smaller boxes inside with nuts, bolts, wire ends wire etc.

6. n847

n847

7. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

8. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

hot rod leather has a nice one. needs more slots in my opinion though

9. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I found mine at a gun show, full of screwdrivers. I removed most the screwdrivers to use at home, then filled the slots with tools I wanted. It rolls up and secures with Velcro. Fits under the seat with room to spare.