Register now to get rid of these ads!

Air ride kit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dtwbcs, Jul 12, 2013.

1. dtwbcs

dtwbcs
    from Brenham,TX

I have a 1960 BelAir 4dr sedan.Have a 3" lowered Jamco kit but not happy with itMessed up new exhaust setup when bottomed out!?:mad:.Wanting an air ride setup or ??? a smooth ride.What is the best fit?Should i put it at stock height or try lowering using airride??What should i avoid?:confused:Any advice would be awesome!!

THANX in advace

2. dtwbcs

dtwbcs
    from Brenham,TX

I like the "lowered stance"but not the scrapes&bottoming out issues.And i do drive mine....

3. slammed

slammed

Pix. Have any experience driving lowered cars? What bottomed out? Hitting a pot hole at too great of speed? Spindles and air-ride will leave l o w at rest, raised up to as high as you need to drive the roads your stuck with. My '61 Impala is static dropped nearly 6" and have never torn any thing up. Only an occasional scrape---on steep drive ways. But have been driving lowered trucks and cars since '86.

4. 60widewhitez

60widewhitez

I like the way the lowered springs hande and the look..(also Jamco lowered 3" and a 60 4 door sedan). I hate the rub when someone is in the back seat. I was thinking about bagging my rear. Their is supposed to be an expert named Borris on here.. Anyone know his name and how to PM him?

5. dtwbcs

dtwbcs
    from Brenham,TX

I liked the lowered look also--but want a smooth ride.Mine was choppy/bumpy on some roads.I also had the jamco setup...

6. dtwbcs

dtwbcs
    from Brenham,TX

yeah I raised the rear last nite&drove around.think my issues are back there.didnt hear any noise&didnt feel a clunk if I went over a dip in the road...btw:those new coils sure gave it a smooth ride;even tho it is at stock height in the rear