Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Sam's 32 sedan build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 51farmtruck, Jul 9, 2013.

1. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Thanks. I believe I got the wood from Dick Spadaro. Like any wood kit you have to fit it some. All in all I was happy with it.

2. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Hey Thanks, I really like your 4 door. I have been following your build thread.

3. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Thanks Bob. I met you last year at Bville. I was helping my my buddy with a brown primer model a roadster with the procharged gmc 6. I seem to remember you squatted over some dog crap getting a picture taken.

4. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I always liked the look of magnesium wheels. Smooth rolled lips, some with no curb lip, crusty dirty hairy oxidized finish. We have a rotor turning machine that works perfect for cutting ugly curb lips off wheels. I wanted them to look like old oxidized magnesium, and I read on here from Groucho and Shakey Puddin about graphite spray so that what the wheels received. It sure saved a ton of money from buying the real thing, and still looks really neat.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I had to grind and shave the main side wood to get the tins above the doors to fit up high enough for the door tops to fit the chop. This might be the only picture I didn't take.

[​IMG]

I wanted to have a roll bar in the car, and this one serves a couple purposes. The main one was to hold the top up to the right crown/profile, since it was on its top for so long. The other was for a wrap around harnesses.

[​IMG]

badandy likes this.
  6. willysguy

willysguy
    from Canada

Great car! You're doing one heck of a job!!!!

7. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

The B pillars never had any wood in them when I got it. I had planned on just capping them off with pieces of drilled sheet metal, but my dad suggested to drill it and use dimple dies. What a great suggestion, so I drilled them and put em in the press with the dies. It really strengthened up the area and made it easy to flush out after Bonneville trips.

[​IMG]

8. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I wanted to spruce up the metal work a little more around the body. I Hammer/dolly, pick/file, shrink, hand held english wheel everything I could get to. I managed to straighten it out good enough for a skim coat of mud and red oxide primer the body will get.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wow this took a turn. This thing looks so mean!

10. alfin32

alfin32
    Member Emeritus
    from Essex, Ma.

Very nice, I love the laid back posts, a lot of effort, but worth it, congrats!

11. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Thanks Jeffrey. I hope to see a build thread on that phaeton soon.

Thanks. I love your coupe. That's a very sinister hot rod.

12. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I had to make a mount for the moon tanks rear feet. So I built a mini dropped axle. I got the idea from all the cool mounts that Bass makes on all his threads. Looking at those threads really make you want to build cool shit.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

This is the only picture I took of the chopping the door tops. This was by far the worst part to chop, right up with doing door gaps.

[​IMG]

14. brady1929

brady1929

15. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I saw Rick Barakat's post on the E&B sedan about how they did the rear spreader bar and really liked the idea. I got some 1/2" plate and drilled and tapped it and welded a piece of DOM to it. I wanted to make the license plate bracket like a push bar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. I like everything about it: Stance, varied tire wheel combos, chop, dimple-die work, SBC, etc. The thing screams HOT ROD. Keep up the great craftsmanship.

17. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

u got it right the first time. Nice work.

18. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Thank ya fellas. That means a lot.

19. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Rolled it out for the last time before dis-assembly for bodywork and paint.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Wow,
    I see a lot of beautiful cars on here. There is something about this one though that I can't put into words, that just speaks to my soul! Outstanding build!

21. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

HELL with the car,Thats one BITCHIN Peterbilt in the background !! Car looks COOL Son !! Chris

22. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Great job! You nailed it. And you're only 21,Amazing!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. n847

n847

Are you F'n kidding me...that thing is sick! Whats you're address I quit I may as well send you my tools!

24. I really like the brackets you made for the moon tank and tail lights....Well done son! Keep it going......Are you going to make it to Bonneville this year in it? I will be looking for it.

25. Looks great,,how many hole saws did you wear out?:D HRP

26. Looks GREAT!
    Paint & Interior colors?

27. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

All of your photos are now Photobucket blanks?%&#@

28. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Thanks. Thats got to be the best compliment I have heard! Thanks man!

Thanks Pop!

Hahaha!

Thank You. The plan is to drive it to bonneville this year. It's going to be really close.

Red oxide primer body, gloss black chassis. No interior other than some black mustang seats.

Sorry, I fixed that.

29. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

Actually just a couple. I wore out a ton of pens though! Constant contact with metal eventually wears the tips right off!

30. 51farmtruck

51farmtruck

I used to work at a collision shop all through high school, and they let me sneak into the paint booth once in a while. Big thanks to Eric and Brennan at Earharts collision repair.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 17, 2013