Register now to get rid of these ads!

Am I crazy??? 57 for 32

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DaddyO's..Deuce, Jul 10, 2013.

1. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

The problem is I have no chassis. I had planned on selling the T to try and come up with some chassis $$$ I don't really like the thought of not having a hot rod for years as I try and get the 32 together. Honestly I dont think I have the know how to get the thing together. Some things are just out of my relm.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. henry29

henry29

Why not just list here for sale, then buy a 57?

3. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I have been thinking about it. A couple of people have PM me asking for a price. I promise I will not have a "what is it worth" thread! ;)

4. Model A Mark

Model A Mark
    from dallas
    1. Holley 94 Group

tuff spot to be in for sure.

5. lakeroadster

lakeroadster
    from *

Great spot to be in for sure, well compared to having a Yugo and wanting a Hyundai Elantra, or something along similar lines. ;)

6. flynstone

flynstone

ha ha .....ok am i crazy? had this car for over 35 years and if you offered me the trade i would have to say no thanks.......lol.....i think if you post for a trade and wait it out you could get a nice running 57 hard top, thats how desirable 32s are

Attached Files:

7. It's a NO BRAINER....Keep the deuce

8. i wouldve said, wheres the rest of the car .....??

the 57 had wheels n running but

this one came in boxes and needed to hauled away

dunno .... but its your choice, in which one you prefer ...

what are the plans ....??

9. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

My my my grasshopper, you have much to learn...

10. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I don't think you're crazy. I am one of those who own a belly-button tri-five and drive the crap out of it, 300,000 miles in 22 years. It never fails to put a smile on my face. A '56 Nomad has been my dream car since I was 15 yrs old. I'm grateful I have it and don't think I'll ever sell it.

I have never owned a Deuce, but I did own a '30 Model A coupe (chopped, channeled, fenderless, 289, C4) with a Deuce grille shell for the last half of the 1970s. I'd love to have it back. But I don't lose sleep over it.

I also have a pretty much stock '47 Ford coupe. It's fun, too.

I like any and every kind of hot rod, custom, etc. Sometimes it's time to move on to something new. If you're itching for something else, maybe it's time to trade. Good luck with your decision.

11. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Attached Files:

12. 61 chevy

61 chevy

57 what, is it a chevy, ford, mopar

13. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

I had stated earlier 57 C-H-E-V-Y

14. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Well I think I'll put an ad in the classifieds that I'm interested in a trade, that way the 32 won't be officially for sale and I'll still feel in control of it. If something really good (to me) comes along then I'll go from there. Thanks to everyone for their comments, good and bad.

15. The_Monster

The_Monster

I would never own a 57 Chevy. They look okay, but they are SOO over rated, and sooo expensive to build because every old, retired, gold chainer has to have a "57 Chevy"
    Talk about BORING!!!! So unimaginative and so cliche.

And if you customize ANYthing on it, your balls will be ripped off the first time you bring it to a show by all the purist stocker lovers.:rolleyes:

Dude, I get the burned out feeling, but trade it for something a bit more interesting, and less boring. If you go to the grocery store and buy anything with a "Nifty Fifties" theme or buy party plates with the "Rock & Roll 50's" theme... itll have poodle skirts, records, cat-eye sunglasses and..... a red 57 chevy. BARF!:rolleyes:

If someone GAVE me one, Id sell it to buy ANYthing else! hahaha!

Was I too obvious on where I stand with 57 Chevys?:confused::D:D

16. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Just weighing my options, and yes boredom sucks. I regret cars I have gotten rid of for this exact same reason. I know this is the only chance I will ever have at a 32, maybe I'll snap out of it before I do anything drastic.

17. Boy I sure hope so...

18. Chuck R

Chuck R

On the surface CRAZY..............

However a wise man recently told me that the 57 ford was going to be the next 32.

If it gets you a finished car that you and your family can enjoy then it is probably the right deal for you.

There is one thing I have learned during my life, it's not the car you drive to the show it's the people you meet.

Have fun
    chuck

19. DaddyO's..Deuce

DaddyO's..Deuce
    from Missery

Never much cared for the 57 Ford, the 55 with the glass roof is kind of cool though. Had a couple hits in the classifieds, but not the car I'm looking for....yet.

20. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

A very wise man...57 customs and 300's are harder and harder to find.....