Register now to get rid of these ads!

Brian setzer rocked this town !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DonMan, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Austin, Tx Dec. 10, 2011 La Zona Rosa

Just got back from this excellent show. My first time seeing him live. Wonderful experience. Yes, Slim Jim was there too. Wow, I could go on and on . . . Really enjoyed the show and everything you hear about Brian Setzer live is true, and then some. Loved it !

2. erlomd

erlomd

well, duh!....lol

3. Brian doesn't have to work at being a musician... It just flows out.

4. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

any of the stray cats albums or the Brian Setzer orchestra, especially the dirty boogie album

5. llewellyn

llewellyn

Brian is coming down under to Australia in march. The wife , daughter & myself allready have our tickets. It will be great , he is truley the best.

6. Trubble

Trubble
    from Kent Wash.

this is good to hear.My son gots us passes for his show here in Seattle the 22nd of this month. ROCK ON!!

7. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

The gf and I went to his Xmas show a couple of years ago here in Phoenix ... we had front row seats. It really was spectacular!!

8. Taff

Taff

saw The Stray Cats in london a couple of years ago, very, very good

9. M_S

M_S
    from SoCal

I still have the VIP pass from the first time I saw BSO at the House of Blues here in Hollywood in the early 90's. One of the best live performances I have ever seen. My wife an I try to go to the Christmas show every year now.

10. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

11. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

12. Brian is an entertainer. Period. Wife and I have seen his Christmas program 2 times and The BSO once. Always a great show!

13. Me AND my Merc will be there next weekend! I've done a few threads about this event at Universal studios,Gibson Amphitheatre. When he's here,they put a few Hotrods and Customs outside the show.
    If you do a search,you can probably find my threads...

14. aldixie

aldixie

Was an excellent show. Last time I saw the Stray Cats was back in 2004 at the Brixton Academy in London. Two Tons of Steel were an an awesome support act as well.

15. He never seems to disappoint.

16. yblock292

yblock292

He was in Wichita last friday nite, watta great show. Damn near sold out, lots of local Hot Rodders there. Great time had by all!

17. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

I'll bump this up with some information...

The BSO is on its 10th year Christmas Rocks tour for 2013..

This is one show not to mis.
    Setzer puts on a rockin' show no matter where it is...

http://www.briansetzer.com/home

[​IMG]

18. big M

big M

I saw the Stray Cats play at Second Chance bar in Ann Arbor, Michigan in 1982. I had never heard of them before, but a friend who worked at the local record store got some promotional tickets, and invited me. I must say, it was the best concert I had ever been to, they played almost three hours straight! Setzer is very talented, indeed.

---John

19. I already got my tickets for the Allen Tx. show, going to be a long wait till Dec.

20. 340HilbornDuster

340HilbornDuster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I Saw the Stray Cats at Underground in Stockholm, Sweden Loooooong time ago!
    (Sat on top of one of the speakers....tinnitus?)

We also saw the Brian Setzer Orchestra New Years Eve at the Warfield in San Francisco....(like ten years ago?)
    After Midnight it was illegal to smoke in public places (or something like that) in California.
    So @ 12 Midnight, He lit up a giant cigar with a giant zippo lighter...And the cigar had fireworks in it...
    Awesome Concert!...Awesome Band...Awesome Guy!
    Rock On! T

21. sled56

sled56

Stray Cats played at Thebarton theatre in Adelaide, South Australia a few years back, young and old had a ball, brilliant live show left you wanting more. Would see them again if they visit SA .

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  22. VOLKSWAGNUT

VOLKSWAGNUT
    from NC

Me too.. in..Hotlanta 12th row.. Im so stoked.. My second year now. I wont ever mis another if I can help it.

Id like to see a non Christmas show someday.

I (re)built my last hot rod with nothing but BSO or the Stray Cats thumping on the shop stereo..
    Setzer is by far the best in his field. The man (and his talented groups) are incredible to listen to and is even better to watch live.

If you ever have the chance to pick up the DVD below... its a keeper.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  23. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ