Register now to get rid of these ads!

My new (to me) '61 Starliner

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1000styles, Jul 11, 2013.

1. 1000styles

1000styles

Just wanted to share an image of my new car, a 1961 Starliner. The top image is how it looks now, the bottom is a photoshopped version of the first couple of goals for the car - namely wheels/tires and getting it low.

It's a 390 tri-power/4-speed car, it's pretty solid overall, and it runs and drives well enough to enjoy it while I'll slowly make changes and improvements to it. It's got some 406 goodies under the hood which is cool, and looks decent from 20 feet, however the paint wasn't done too well and I have some other cosmetic things to fix once I have the mechanicals the way I want them. I won't have the car to where I want it to be for quite some time I'm sure, but that's part of the fun of it, the journey to get there.

Anyway just wanted to share with everyone. Hope you dig it!
    Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sweet

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. fanspete

fanspete

NICE! First pic kicks ass.

4. 1959apache

1959apache

That car is sweet! I personally like the stance and WWW of the first picture, but its your car. Nice!

5. VERY KOOL!

Murph:cool:

6. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

nice car. i would just lower it w/the wheels and tires that are on it now, blackwalls out, try it, you might like it.

7. chstitans42

chstitans42

I agree

8. StLouisSled

StLouisSled

Love them old Starliners and looks like you got a great one.
    I think the Photoshop takes away from the car though...white letters don't suit it well.
    Just my 2 cents

9. TULSA

TULSA
    from Tulsa

Any reason for the radial ta white letters? Makes a cool 60s car look like a cheap 70s car.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

the second pictures has a good stance but has a NASCAR feel to it not a mild custom or hotord feel. (not sure what style you were shooting for)

I think it is the black rims and tires that do it. I would lower it with current tires and wheels and adjust from there. blackwalls with red rims might look good.

Car looks like it is a nice one

11. froghawk

froghawk

Love that car! Another vote against the raised white letter tires!

12. 1000styles

1000styles

I'll probably black out the white letters, not sure yet. Have to see everything looks in real life. I like whitewalls too but they don't seem to fit in my eyes on this car. The car is currently running super skinny OEM-style bias plys and I prefer a meaner look to the Galaxie lineup, Starliner included. I know it's not super traditional this way but I can't help it.

13. Very cool. My dad had a '61 Galaxy when I was little.

14. Yeah, you don't want it to look like my car.

15. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

It might look better with white/cream colored wheels and blackwalls. Nice start, I'll be watching.