Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lincoln Highway Centennial Tour

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flynbrian48, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Pioneer Village in Minden would be a fun stop for ya I bet

Also, Nebraska is NE, not NB.

Wish I was closer to home during that time and could swing out. Ill let my parents know and they may come see whats going on.

2. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We're in Kearny, and did the parade today. The town was PACKED, and the Diamond T and Spartan seemed to be a hit with the crowd during the parade. Tomorrow we hit the Arch over I-80 for the celebration out there, and then goings on nearby. Wed. is an open house for our trailers at the Buffalo Co. fairgrounds, anybody in the area is welcome to come out and say "Hi"!

I've been blogging almost everyday, but haven't kept up here. To see what we
    ve been up to, check out "Cool McCool's Garage" http://flynbrian48.wordpress.com

Here are a few photos from todays fun...

Attached Files:

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Thanks! We stopped there, got some great pics at the bridge, and some of our group ate in the cafe, said it was good.

4. 41 C28

41 C28

That looks like it would be a great road trip, have fun and be safe.

5. lilbdfrd

lilbdfrd

The parade was awesome with all the cars. I think it lasted 2 hours just introducing all the cars and drivers. I drove threw the fair grounds yesterday and looked all the "tin can" campers.ive been cruzing around with my 67 year old neighbor in his 30 Chevy 3 window coupe.

6. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

It was a great day. So many unreal cars that actually made the drive. I especially liked the 1907 Ford with a v-12 that Henry had raced. I was surprised at the number of Packards and Hudsons from the 50's.

7. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

YutanFlash: I was ordering something on the phone where my address, etc was already loaded in the computer. The kid on the other end " Omaha, NE, NE,NE????" "whats NE, New England?????" I told him to go back to geography class.

8. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

my brother just got a gutted Spartan Manor for free. he seems to be collecting vintage trailers lately. I think he is going to just use it for storage.

9. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We saw you guys in the fairgrounds, we'd just pulled up in my buddy's new Ford truck. You were in front of our Spartan.

10. I was just down there on the Lincoln Highway. Stayed in Ligonier, saw Falling Water and Kentuck Knob, beautiful area!

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool thread - saw on local TV this morning "A Ride On The Lincoln HWY" that is available on DVD at shoppbs.org

12. Ligonier is a very nice little town to visit on the Lincoln Highway.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

We're home. Whew. Pics to follow, after a cocktail and relaxation...

14. Ligonier downtown. The B&B I stayed in was on the Lincoln highway. Very pretty and quaint

Attached Files:

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

The dust has settled, the trailer has been unpacked and cleaned out, but the truck is still wearing it's bug collection on the windshield. We had a great time, just shy of 2500 trouble free miles on the rig, and made some great friends along the way.

HUGE thanks to "Mayor Dennis" for opening up his (VERY COOL) shop and giving us a tour. It was a high-point for me, along with our visit to Speedy Bill's collection in Lincoln at Speedway Motors. Been there, done that, bought t-shirts to prove it.

Todays project is to get the Mustang back in the car trailer and out of the shop so I can clean the Diamond T and give it's indoor parking spot back. Then, next weekend we head 5 hours away to Port Crescent State Park at the tip of the thumb for a long weekend of relaxing, swimming, and drinking. Nice.

Check out details of our tour at "Cool McCool's Garage", just follow the link in my signature line. It's almost like being there, and you don't have to pay for gas!

Busy, busy, busy!

Attached Files:

16. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Of note, we drove right through Des Moines on Saturday, and I wasn't even tempted to go the Goodguys event. We were ready to come home!

Brian

17. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

I was in Kearney for the parade. Your rig was one of my favorite. congrats, on a successful trip.

18. 911 steve

911 steve
    from nebraska

My goal is to drive my 40 Ford sedan from Omaha to Petaluma, CA for an American Graffiti Reunion show via the Lincoln Highway in May 2015 when I retire. South on Pacific Coast Hwy to LA then back home on Route 66. I figure about 3-4 weeks will be needed.

19. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Congrats on rolling so many miles in a cool old truck. And pulling a trailer!

20. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool journey - Thanks for pics, etc.

21. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

That'd be a fun trip, although from what I read, Rt 30 sort of deteriorates in Utah, although that may be just on the old routes. I saw you in the parade too!(Just kidding...)

22. nimrodracing50

nimrodracing50

I grew up in Ardara Pa. , Grandpa used to take us for a cruise in his 54 Ford down the Lincoln Highway when we were little kids. Back then, it was a big deal.

23. Damn! That is one cool rig!

24. I lived on Pine Hollow Rd

Dustin

25. boo

boo
    from stuart,fl.

3 years ago a buddy and i flew to las vegas, rented a car headed to bonneville, via lincoln hwy in utah.linc. hwy followed the stage coach route that followed the pony express rt.we drove 325 miles on dirt RUT roads, saw one other vehicle on the trip. can't imagine taking this trip in 1913 on these roads, would never take my car on this trip. route through utah is hard to follow, rout was changed, we were on parts of both routs.

26. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Looks like a nice time and a classy way to travel! Sorry I missed you at the Gilmore last month and thanx for the call this eve to catch up. Gary

27. nimrodracing50

nimrodracing50

I lived on Pine Hollow Rd

Dustin

Dustin, You are among the few that ever heard of Ardara. Route 993 was the local street racing scene. I could hear those tires squeal in the night.
    Al

28. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

It was a vacation scheduling conflict! Sorry to hear about your problems coming home, hope you find it's something simple!

Brian