Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Brimfield Antique Show

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tonyimpala, Jul 9, 2013.

1. I plan to go this week for the 1st time. Is the old gas station/old car stuff hit and miss? Are there vendors there that are approx. the same area?
    Thx in advance

2. The37Kid

The37Kid

I've always wanted to go, but never had enough money. Please report back with photos of what you found. Bob

3. oldolds

oldolds

Lots of gas stuff. Take your big wallet. Quite a bit of car smalls if you take the time to look. Different fields open every day. One field opens for 4 hours one day only. Get a guide + map.

4. F&J

F&J

I stopped going 10 years ago.

The greed is amazing, from field owners to vendors and everything in between.

If you are selling next to the main road, those vendors stay put all week...but...

It runs quite a few days, with "new" fields opening each day. So some of the vendors pay big bucks for a spot in the first day field, pay for a commercial tent, then pack up that evening and set up in the next days opening field, for the same big fees again.

Top it off, people pay the early bird spectator fee to get onto a new field one hour earlier than non-paying spectators, and you get to see stuff that you saw the day before.

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

^^^^ Maybe not having the funds to go is a good thing. Bob

6. F&J

F&J

If you go just to look at rare and unusual things, and don't plan on buying for a collection, it is worth a trip.

Some were complaining that quality stuff was not showing up like 30 years ago, but there is stuff worth seeing.

I stopped going for other reasons, sorry I worded it wrong.

7. I went to the Spring show, had a great time walking around with my wife and kids. Tons of stuff to see. We didn't spend much, but had a great time. I don't go to the summer event, usually too hot, we wait until fall.

Glenn

8. csimonds

csimonds

My in-laws faithfully go to the spring, summer, and fall shows and always seem to come home with some of the coolest old shit that you have never seen before in your life. They collect almost anything old, but have a huge collection of cast iron doorstops and anything else that mentions New London, CT.
    Chuck

9. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I skip the July show but do the sring and fall show. I maybe vending non automotive antiques in the fall. If you do go. Pop into the Brimfield Barn.