Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ROLL CALL! Bonneville Speed Week 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-Cal Speed Sacramento, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Looks like a bunch of great guys and hot rods will be there this year. Making the trip out with the circus (rolling bones bunch) and staying at the Nugget. Driving my old deuce roadster. See you all in the pits or at the Salt Flat Speed Shop party.
    Mayor Dennis

2. Headed out Friday morning. Whil the suns on my back.

3. wesrat

wesrat
    from Ramona Ca.

Getting there Friday. camping at the bend. hope we don't need pontoons for the tent.:cool:

4. I think this is my ninth or tenth time to Speed Week. The first year we went we just decided to go on a whim. Made a call got a nice room no problem at all. Every time since its been a battle.

I read you guys, Yeah got room at the Nugget ... I can never get a forking room no matter how hard we try. Four guys dialing constantly. Maybe you guys book for a week and that makes the difference? We can only book for Sat, Sun and sometimes Monday. Depends on vacation allotment. Seems like we end up booking a place at Wells and then are able to find a room in Wendover the next day with no problems.

Anyway getting a room always drives me crazy lol.

5. MRK

MRK

Rolling out on Friday the 9th from LA in the 'Chero. See you at the KOA!!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  6. Be good to see you again!

7. I'll be there with the #974 Studebaker gang. I'm looking forward to seeing a lot of old pals and meeting some new ones. I'll be driving my black lowered Trailblazer while on a 3 week camping vacation.

Charlie

8. MRK

MRK

Schiezeh!! See you there T-Man!!!

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  9. Will Mr. Stove be there? :rolleyes:

10. RICK R 44

RICK R 44

Lynda and I are joining the Rolling Bones Crew in Erie. We are driving our 32 roadster. Hope the old flat motor has another 5000 miles in her. Counting the days. First trip to Speed Week. Staying at the Red Garter.

11. MRK

MRK

You know it!! Where I go, Mr.Stove goes too!! I take it you and the Mrs. will be at the bend??

12. Yup, goin' out to the salt. First timer. Don't know why I'm goin'....but I'm goin'....prolly won't be any fun....but I'm still gonna go.:D

13. firingorder1

firingorder1

Nope. No fun. I've been going for the past six years and haven't had any fun yet. I'm going again this year but I'm not expecting to have fun. Maybe when I go next year I'll have fun.

14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I expect to be there as a go for with the 7800 car.

15. Elmo Rodge

Elmo Rodge

Good. I'll see you there Rich. Wayno

16. I'll be at "the Bend" Wed. only, after that we'll be at the KOA. Had enough of the storms, mud and no showers but it has been a good time. ;)

17. cornfieldcustoms

cornfieldcustoms

i will be there on thursday, i hope. leaving monday but have to head to SD first and pick up some model A's. i will be camping at the bend

18. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

I'll look out for you and the car. If I don't see ya, stop by tech and say hello. I'd love to put a face to the name.

19. I am looking to buy a Mr Stove for my WOK

20. Good thing you mentioned that. I would have driven right by to the KOA a day early. Lets camp on the high side or even at the new museum site Wed night.

21. b.t.b

22. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Looks like we are leaving Tuesday after I get off. Wally says Flagstaff that night. Yesterday primed the body, started riveting blisters on. No time for paint. As we work am getting schooled on chase truck procedure and Wally's way.
    See you there!!!

23. Justin B

Justin B

i'll be heading up but probably no race car this year, it's got a long list of little things that need to be done and I haven't had any time to mess with it. if I can get a few other guys to caravan up I might drive the 34 phaeton, if not i'll be in the boring work truck.

24. trumph

trumph

first time and coming from Perth Australia yeeha

25. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

We'll be there Thursday, with the improved FlatCad!

Attached Files:

26. t_wood_08

t_wood_08

My buddy Sam (51farmtruck on the hamb) will be down there. He is working his ass off trying to get his sedan done for bonneville. He will also be helping Vince race a model a roadster with a procharged 302 jimmy motor.

Here is the build thread on the Sedan http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=815626

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. wheeltramp brian

wheeltramp brian

ill be there money permiting on sat morn'ish.driving my 29 in the avatar

28. 34cpe5w

34cpe5w
    1. 34 Fords

Dad & I will be there.

29. firingorder1

firingorder1

I got a phone call this morning to say my aluminum wheel on the sidecar has been OKed for Bonneville. Its taken what seems like forever but as Doc Hudson of "Cars" said "Hot snot. We're back in business!"

30. Right on!