Register now to get rid of these ads!

Scored my first Flatty!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by F91, Jul 9, 2013.

1. F91

F91

50 Fordor Custom. Flatty with a 3spd OD. Super cool, purrs like a kitten.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Congrats,and engine bay looks real clean.

3. F91

F91

Thanks Buddy. PO told me that these backup lights are factory...?

[​IMG]

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Cool project - what are plans?

5. Nice car. Those ribbed fender skirts are worth quite a few bucks. I would say, not being a Ford expert, those backup lights either came from the factory or were installed by the original selling dealer. May be original wheel covers too. Others will know more.

That overdrive should allow you to cruise faster and with less strain on the motor.

6. F91

F91

Thanks 47PLY, the OD isn't hooked up electrically at the moment. Not sure if the car will ever see much over 50, but I will rewire the OD anyway.

Plans are for a slight lowering, freshen up the interior, detail the engine and maybe, maybe...a midnight blue paint job. Love the patina...just not sure.

7. brady1929

brady1929

Cool project.

8. Very nice car.

Those backup lights are still available: http://tinyurl.com/oyxtkx6

Don't know if they were an Original Ford accessory or an aftermarket product.

9. I had a '49 Tudor years ago with the same drivetrain. Take my advice and get the overdrive working, you'll love it. Oh yeah, and add dual exhaust with glasspacks if it doesn't already have them.

10. Bugsy

Bugsy
    from Kansas

That's a damn, nice score!! You are going to have fun with it! I still kick myself for selling my '49!!

11. ginuine555

ginuine555
    from louisiana

Your car is in great shape. I like it. get the 49-51 ford shop manual. they are not expensive and well worth it when working on your car Chris may have them in stock he just opened his new shop . Give him a call. He can let you know about any other questions concerning your car. I believe your back up lights are original not the hub caps though

shoebox Central 49-53 Ford & Merc Parts
    2201 N. Westminster Rd.
    Nicoma Park, OK 73141
    405-259-9222 Shop

12. pumpman

pumpman

2X on the patina. Great car, go and have fun!

13. F91

F91

Thanks everybody! I'm friends with Chris on facebook. I already have a green bible, got it when I started on my 51. I really do plan on hooking up the OD. I don't know if I mentioned it, but that Flathead is a damn sweet running little kitten. Gonna get some Aerostar coils and some Monroes ASAP.

14. LuckyFordGuy

LuckyFordGuy

Looks great nice fine good luck I love them 49 51 fords Rog