Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Aussie HAMBers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CalGasser, Jul 9, 2013.

1. CalGasser

CalGasser

Are there any events going on in the last two weeks of Sept. or first week of Oct. in the Brisbane area? Or how about Adelaide? Coming for some business so would like to check out any happenings in Oz. Thanks, Vic

2. CalGasser

CalGasser

3. tassiepete

tassiepete

ROCK & RODZ ..Longford,Tasmania...smallish outdoor show (150 + rods-customs-streetmachines) 50's /60's theme , live rock-a-billy bands , tatt comp etc....SUNDAY 6th OCT . fly into Launceston and your welcome to tag along with me , i'll be taking my 39 and the 59 so you might even get the task of driving one to the show....maybe!

4. If your,e in Adelaide on the 29th Sept., there's the Bay to Birdwood , "56-77 cars, trucks and motorsickles. Usually get a very big turnout, apparently the biggest get together in the Southern hemishphere.
    There's also a cruise about that time, (U.S and rods only), but havent got the details yet.

5. Cragar

Cragar

Wrong time of year to cold

6. CalGasser

CalGasser

Too cold? I've been there twice and it's always been warm and nice. But thanks for the heads up on the events guys! Vic

7. Von MoPar

Von MoPar
    from Australia

http://www.extremeautoexpo.com.au/

October 19th and 20th 2013 are the dates for this years Extreme Auto Expo, last year they had a hall dedicated to hot rods & stuff.............

the cruise is also a big event that ends up at the show....kill two birds with one stone.

8. Valla Park Rod Run runs for the week of the 22nd of Sep to the 29th of Sep , in between your dates and about 6 hours below Brisbane however about 300 cars on the beach with a great atmosphere , not strictly a Traditional feast but generally a great run, cad

9. tassiepete

tassiepete

Sorry CalGasser, ''chopped'' is on the same weekend as Rock-n-Rodz so I must retract my invite to ''tag along'' in Tassie....im taking the Dodge to chopped

10. fat141

fat141

Might be cold south of the border, beautifully warm up Brissy way:):)
    If you like to see some of our great country, do CHOPPED first, drive up the coast and take in VALLA the following week.
    Cheers

11. spaner

spaner
    from australia

go to pinkys web site he has got all or most of the shows or swap meets over aust. or swap meets car shows in aust. ozzie rodders also

12. Dago 88

Dago 88
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

What he said ^^^

13. IanS

IanS

Vic hi,
    Eliminators club have their annual rod show which includes a swap on Sun. Sept 22 at Beenleigh showgrounds only short drive out of Brisbane. Usually a good turnout

Cheers Ian

14. Wardog

Wardog

[​IMG]

Last year was the first year of this show and the Sunday show and shine had over 500 cars. Nagambie is between Adelaide and Brisbane and quite close in time and distance to Newstead (Chopped).

15. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

This is worth taking the time and heading a little out of your way to see. If your in Oz at the time DO it!!

Doc.

16. CalGasser

CalGasser

Ian,
    Just got my schedule and I'll be in the Cleveland/Redlands area on the 22nd - how far is the showgrounds from there?

17. 5lam

5lam

I was going to suggest the Eliminators show. Should be good.
    Not sure if I'll have my car there though.

18. CalGasser

CalGasser

Is there anything going on around the Sunshine Coast on the 29th? I'll be in Mapleton that weekend. I'm at the mercy of my hosts as I'll be moving around with different hosts in different towns and cities - kinda like a homeless person... :D I'll even be in Adelaide but this will be on a Tuesday and Wednesday. Would be nice if there was something going on around Cleveland on Saturday, the 22nd of Sept. Vic

19. mikeey rat

mikeey rat
    from Australia

the Eliminators show is at Beenleigh showgrounds is not far from you on Sun the 22nd ...well worth it

20. CalGasser

CalGasser

Thanks for the heads up. I'll ask my host and see if he can get me there. May as well check out the rides from half way round the world...:p

21. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Tell a Guy where to go and not give him any directions :eek: that is not the Aussie way to do it.

OK Pinky Web site > http://www.pinky.com.au/

Whats on Pages >

Events Pinky will be at > http://www.pinky.com.au/Pinkyworkcalendar.htm

Victoria > http://www.pinky.com.au/VICSep2013.htm

Queensland > http://www.pinky.com.au/QLDSep2013.htm

CalGasser I hope you find something interesting to see and have a great trip.

22. If you are going up/down the Pacific Highway I am at Grafton, NSW, about 1/2way between Sydney & Brisbane........your more than welcome to call in...... www.scaleautomobilia.com.au..... regards, Andy Douglas

23. Not much happening here on Tuesdays or wednesday cruise wise, but you could go to the Birdwood Mill- hundreds of cars and bikes, nice place up in the hills.
    There's a big Chevy museum in the Barrossa valley (Eric Parker collection).

24. CalGasser

CalGasser

Thanks guys for your help and input. Seems like Beenleigh Showgrounds will be the most convenient for me. Looking forward to seeing some Aussie rides and hopefully run into some of you HAMBers.

25. CalGasser

CalGasser

Thanks Andy for the invite but I'll be flying down to Adelaide so I'll be too high to drop in... :D