Register now to get rid of these ads!

41 ford waterfall HELP

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mlbkk, Jul 9, 2013.

1. mlbkk

mlbkk

Hi folks picked up a 41 pickup waterfall trying to figure it out by the part # 11C8218B is it a half ton or big truck HELP thanks ML

2. B Ramsey

B Ramsey

3. What is a waterfall Ford truck? HRP

4. Belchfire8

Belchfire8

Should be able to tell if it's a pickup or a big truck by looking at it.......post a pic and have a bunch of guys make funny remarks about it. :D

5. 40Vert

40Vert

The "waterfall" is often used as slang for the 41 Ford pickup hood latch assembly. According to my manual, that is the part number for the 1/2 ton version.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  6. mlbkk

mlbkk

40 VERT Thank You.... got it for $70 bucks glad its a 1/2 ton Michael
    P.S. got any pickup sheet metal cab fenders hood

7. Michael, if you got a good release latch/handle with that you did well, that's the challenging part of that ornament.
    I've got front fenders and a hood extra, but might be a bit far from you unless you're coming over this way for something.

8. I've had a bunch of 40 Fords including a 41 pickup but never heard of the hood latch assembly referred to as a "Waterfall",,never too old to learn something new! HRP

9. Waterfall I thought was on the 35-6 dash? Delux that is

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  10. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

The hood chrome "Waterfall" is not available in reproduction. You will have to find a good one and have it rechromed. Now the hood latch and release and parts are available.

11. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

My '41. This is the hood front ornament. Much wider than the '40.[​IMG]

12. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sign up on Ford Truck Enthusiast Forum it is a site dedicated to Ford trucks stock or Hot Rodded.

13. arielucrz

arielucrz
    from london

Should be able to tell if it's a pickup or a big truck by looking at it[​IMG]

14. If you know where there's a repro or good original latch handle for the center of the waterfall let me know, I need one. Drake used to make them but he's been out of stock for a couple years and doesn't know if or when they'll make more (even though they still have it in their catalog).