Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Eastwood & Barakat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rick Barakat, Apr 30, 2011.

1. Weedburner 40

Weedburner 40

Rick, will you be coming up to the RJ studio for the shoot? It would be fun to meet you there.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. I have been a subscriber to The Rodder's Journal since Issue #1, when Steve Coonan had a little card table set up in the lobby at SEMA and he was showing an advance copy of the first issue. To me, it's the best periodical on hot rods and kustoms you will ever find. You can't call it a magazine because it isn't. It's one of the books that resides on the coffee table until the next issue arrives. Some people grumble about the subscription price, but to me, it's worth it.

Congrats, Rick on getting the sedan into the best publication on the market. It doesn't get any better than that.

Now, with that being said, if Steve Coonan is personally doing the photo shoot, be prepared to be there for about 12 hours. The guy is the true definition of a perfectionist and he'll work his tail off to get the best shot. I can already envision in my head what he's got planned for the photo shoot, and I'm excited for you. Coonan is the best, in my opinion.

Is he coming down here, or are you going to have to take it to his place in South San Fransisco?

3. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Dale-
    I think I am if we can work out the dates. If I can't make it, Pete said he would take it up. The shoot will be at their studio. It would be great to meet up.
    Alex-
    12 hours! Hahaha! Steve and Geoff said they will need the Sedan for 3 days for the photo shoot. Then they want us to take the Sedan to Bakersfield for some shots doing burnouts. I can live with that.

4. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

5-gallon bucket of awesome right here! Get it while its hot! Congrats, Rick, hope you have a ball doing this.

5. Cant wait to see it in TRJ
    Rick - are you taking the car to CHRR?

6. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

lomonte-
    Thanks!:)
    Greg-
    I will definitely be there. I think Saturday only. Looking forward to seeing you.

7. 3 Days!!! Wow!!
    I can only imagine how many hundred pictures they'll take of the car. I'm assuming that they'll be doing all of the photography work in their studio in South San Francisco?

Burnouts in Bakersfield sounds like fun. I love that track. It's not fancy and plush and it's got a really cool vintage vibe to the place. Even the smell of the fertilizer farm next door helps add to the experience. I hope you get a chance to make it to the Hot Rod Reunion in October, and you and Pete design a push bar so you can push the Old Master with your '32. That would be soooo cool!!!

8. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

E&B sedan in TRJ.....sweet!

9. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Yep. We will be spending 3 days in S.F. and then drive down to Bakersfield for the location shots.

Jeem-
    I thought you were going to stop by at LARS? Did I miss you?

10. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Family and I shot right around Pomona and dropped down to Carlsbad that week. Beach made missing the show alright though.... I imagine I'll run into you at the next GNRS!

11. gc427

gc427
    from SoCal

Wow what an amazing opportunity!

Congrats Rick and Pete!

I can't wait to see the TRJ published product.

12. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

i wonder if TRJ will consider a fold out poster of the sedan!! that would be GREAT!!!!! (hint hint)

13. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

The new (Sept. '13) issue of Hot Rod Magazine just hit my mailbox this afternoon. The original and recreated E & B '32 Sedans are pictured on page 120 as part of a feature on the history of hot rodding and coverage of the Hot Rod Homecoming show in March. If you weren't able to make it to the reunion, this issue will show you what you missed.

Well done, Rick & Pete.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
  14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Way, Way X2!!!

15. deucemac

deucemac

Just got my new Hot rod today. Everybody go to page 120 first and smile. Nice but brief writeup.

16. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Congrats on the writeup!

17. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

got my HOTROD 2day! one of the best issues i have seen in years(but i do like them all). congrats on the write up you&pete deserve it. thanks for continuing this thread on the sedan. i look forward to it everyday...............

18. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Thanks for the kudos guys.
    Consider this issue an appetizer. There is supposed to be a feature article in the November issue of Hot Rod including pictures of the Sedan at Irwindale.
    Rick

19. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I just read the blurb in Hot Rod. Second to last sentence ends with,"by Barakat himself".
    Really???? As you all know, this project wouldn't have happened without Pete. In fact I would not have been interested in doing this if he were not involved. Some people just don't get it. Label it any way you want. The fact is, this wouldn't have happened without the two of us being involved.
    I know this text can be interpreted in different ways but this is my take on it.

20. Rick,
    I havent seen it yet but that bugs me. For a hobby which is based on passion and enjoyment, it staggers me what a lot of people dont know about the hobby or iconic cars/people within the hobby. There are so many hot rod history books available now that we should all be knowledgeable on the history of the hobby and cars. With regards to the E&B car - I thought it was fairly common knowledge of what the car is and the people behind it.
    Greg

21. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

I've been swamped at work and have fallen behind at getting the car ready for the shoot.
    Anyone have some time tomorrow to help out?
    I need to leave by 6 a.m on Wednesday morning to accomodate their schedule.

22. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

Halibrand polishing is my specialty ... I'll be there.

23. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

Thanks Bill!
    I guess it will be you, me and Bobby Walden. Anyone else?

24. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

if i was in your area i would definately be available. so instead my thoughts and prayers wil be for a safe trip. anxiously waiting for an update..............

25. joecfd1

joecfd1
    from Arcadia

Rick-

If I wasn't so far, I'd be there too!

J

26. Hey man If I wasn't leaving for vacation I'd be there!!!

27. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

A big thanks to billsill45 for all the help today. Bobby Walden just left for home after we loaded. I couldn't have finished without the both of them. Tomorrow it is off to the Rodder's Journal for the photo shoot and I must say this is the best the Sedan has ever looked!
    Bill and Bobby, thanks again!
    Rick

28. lomonte

lomonte
    from Indep., MO

Good Luck and have fun, Rick!

29. Rick Barakat

Rick Barakat

lomonte-
    I took your advice and we are having a lot of fun. I promised Geoff at TRJ that I wouldn't share any of the photos we took at their studio until the issue is out but I've got to say, it was worth the drive. Originally I really didn't want to tow all the way to San Francisco to do the shoot but in retrospect it will be worth it.
    More info later and some other pictures as well.

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Sounds like one hell of an adventure Rick! Congrats!