Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage ROLL CALL! Bonneville Speed Week 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by So-Cal Speed Sacramento, Jul 2, 2013.

1. luke1929

luke1929

2 English guys driving down from Canada, not bringing a car unfortunately so will make do with the RV, first time for me :)

2. ...pushing it, but will make it for sure....see the rest of you loonies thursday

3. FIRST TIMER!!!!! Hell ya!!!

4. nmbuellist

nmbuellist

Another first timer here--helping out on one wild streamliner sidecar--

5. Attached Files:

6. 80WTI

80WTI

You need to catch up with Harold johanson mate, he has been racing on the salt longer than anyone. I spent 2 days with him last year and the knowledge that man has forgotten is more than i will ever know.

7. Blackroad

Blackroad
    from Sydney

12 Aussies coming with three Rv's, driving across from Louisville nationals. Can't wait.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. bmita

bmita

we will be traveling that way come august. one is a jim richmonds pierson coupe and f-100 push truck. the coupe is a tribute car. the sedan is mine.
    by the way if anyone is interested the richmonds pierson coupe is for sale along with a enclosed trailer.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  9. Ill just do a quick copy and paste of what I wrote in my Unibody thread ...

And the big part of the day was that I got the OK from my sister in law and her husband to take the boys to Bonneville with me. All my guys pooped out on me this year so I was going to go alone. They are really pumped. First long road trip without their parents. First car event of any kind ever ... Bonneville, not a bad way to start your hot rod experience =)

I have a room in Wells, but Ill keep trying to get one in Wendover. The less driving the better with two youngsters that are just learning about the hot rod scene.

We will get down there Sat morning early and have to head home Monday afternoon. Im not sure when the HAMB BBQ is but I would really like to make that. Ill make sure they get to check out McTims (sp?) Unibody since that is what they are working on (plus its a damn cool truck). Ill bring along some extra cash so I can stock them up on Tshirts from the HAMBers that offer them.

Im sure our Unibody will be back on the road by then, and as much as I would love to drive it down I dunno if I would trust it that far LOL. They boys were thinking thats what we would take so they were a little disappointed when I told em we would probably just take the little square car Scion lol.

10. We don't have all the details yet on the HAMBBQ but it will be Saturday. You are welcome again to shade in out pit.

11. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I'll be there in spirit. Kudos to all of those who keep the action going on the salt. It's come a long way since the early days, but its nice that some things are still the same.

[​IMG]

12. Ok, thanks. Let me know what I can bring when you get more details. I wont have a ton of room in my little Scion with three people in it so a side of beef is going to be out =)

13. jr9162

jr9162

Got an invite (nudge) yesterday evening and will be coming for the 1st time. Actually driving down from AK to bring a 52 Buick to a buyer in San Bernardino and some HHGs to Cedar City UT. I'm stoked and will hang with the AK group, HAMBers, and the Target 550 crew. Check out my trip thread on the HAMB. John

14. Missed last year, be there watching this year.

15. Your smile is all that is needed!

16. Wish I could I am taking my days off to go midnight mass and NHRA in Sonoma 2 weeks before.

17. mad-cad

mad-cad

I'll be getting there wednesday night, as usual I'll be bringing the oversized 'fuel' samples to keep the orange hats happy.

18. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

i'll be there with a group of guys , this is my pit vehicle

Attached Files:

• cart.jpg
      cart.jpg
      File size:
      46.5 KB
      Views:
    • e 1.jpg
      e 1.jpg
      File size:
      47.5 KB
      Views:
  19. jimbob

jimbob

See you there Boris, we'll be travelling in the oppsite direction, starting in San Fran, to B'Ville, then back to LA, fly in on the 6th, and out on the 17th.

We'll be in a red oxide '36 Dodge pickup, staying at the Nugget with the Montana Dodge Boys.

20. jangleguy

jangleguy

You guys have to be insane to subject yourselves to that place!

I'll be there sometime before Saturday.

Doing event coverage, then on to the next event, and the next... Where do I get an orange hat?

Scotty

21. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

I might be there takin' pickshures & stuff. Never can tell.

Attached Files:

22. Cool. Looking forward to the catch up. :)

23. Still lookin for a room or two for the start of speedweek.Please PM me if you have any cancellations.
    Thanks in advance .

24. Hope to see you out there Mike! I do like your work! :D

[​IMG]

Yes! As Tman has said earlier the 416 guys will be there. It's getting tight around here and because of a lost order I don't have my new pistons yet but I've been told they're on the way. It's gonna be close but I hope to have more speed under the hood and on the salt. ;)

We should have some new limited edition T-Shirts as well, with "NEW" artwork by Lance Hampton. Come by and get one while they last! I will only have a few in L and XL sizes. :rolleyes:

25. I hope I get there in time to pick up an XL. My other shirt with your truck on the back is starting to look a little worn.

26. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

I'll get in sometime Friday. I will hook up with "nmbuellist" and the rest of the team. I have some new tuneup tricks. JC

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

27. Holey cow you got Lance to finish the tshirt art!?!?!?!?!?!?

Be good to see you again. Hopefully no more late night tech session/downloads?

28. Finished? well he said they would be done and he's bringing them with him. :rolleyes:

29. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

It's at the printer.

[​IMG]

Yea the cover is upside down, that is the way it is printed.
    Want to see more? I'll start another post.

30. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I'll be coming down from MN... I'm planning on sticking around the Salt Lake City area for a few weeks, so If there are any SLC Hambers out there that want to hang out, send me a PM!