Register now to get rid of these ads!

Primer/Ventura Nationals 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sanfordsotherson, Jun 28, 2013.

1. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

Didn't make it last year. I can't find much info on the show for this year. I've heard it's got a new promoter now? The website only lists the show on Saturday. Is it just a one day show now? Lists a Friday art show too. Would love to check that out, but no info as to when and where.

Anybody have any more info on it?

Kiwi Kev...are you doing your usual BBQ on Saturday after the show?

Bad Bob...doing a caravan this year?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  2. Caravan? Yes sir!!! It's still a two day show. Noble is having a get together again at his shop.

3. sanfordsotherson

sanfordsotherson
    from So. Cal.

More details?

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

** sorry, top secret show and caravan

5. Here you go,Pal....

Attached Files:

6. It is a one day show this year and yes I will have my after show pig roast. The reliability run on Sunday is a really nice drive, I recommend it.

7. I will be organizing the reliability run agin this year. We will be meeting late Sunday morning and heading up around lake casitas again this year. Noble Fabrication will have an open house and bands waiting for us. This year we will be doing a fundraiser at Noble fabrication for A Walk on Water a charity that takes children with autism surfing. The donation will be 100% up to you wit all proceeds going to the foundation.

The show is a one day show BUT Friday night we will be hosting an art show in downtown Ventura and Saturday night we will have an outdoor movie in the park in downtown Ventura as well as having the reliability run Sunday. This will not be a weekend to miss.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hopefully bringing the Victoria....either way I will not miss Kevins?

9. I might actually have my Gasser ready. I said might ............

10. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

See ya'll there!

11. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Oh man, I liked the show on Sunday. It was less crowded.

12. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

BIG BIG changes this year and we are super excited. As we get a few details finalized we will be posting up all the happenings to keep everyone informed. Cat wait to see you all there and don't forget to preregister and as bigdaddyslip said the reliability run is a go!!!! If you missed it last year you will NOT want to miss it this year. Keep your eyes peeled!!!

13. Bob a couple of questions for you;

1. How far is it from say pomona area to the show?

2. What time and where does the caravan meet?

Kev,
    Is this a invite only or can anyone show up?

I have never been to this show and have always wanted to go so I am thinking on making the 6 hour drive over in the coupe then to the show just needed these quesitons answered.

14. The meeting spot is about 30mins from Pomona. We meet at 5am and leave at 5:30. One stop in Malibu,at the McDonalds,then back onto PCH. Takes about two hours to get there. I'll be doing a thread about my caravan,when it gets a little closer. You can check past threads about the caravan for pic's and details.

KiwiKevs BBQ is open to all HAMBers and he usually allows any friends to come along. BEST part of the weekend!!!

15. Just had a big debate about wether the show was one or two days this year. Bummer,that's it's only one day! You were right Dave...
    Guess i'll have to preregister this year.

16. Thanks for the info. One last quesiton since its now one day do you stay over night by the show or come back to LA?

17. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

Stay the night! Saturday night will have a movie screening downtown and Sunday will be the reliability run.

18. Stay at the Vagabond Hotel every year...

19. Plenty going on to make a full weekend out of the trip, Bobs caravan is a good start to the weekend and there are a few routes to drive back towards Pomona from Ventura - you will definitely want to stay Saturday night, the show is all day Saturday, bands, vendors, awards...lots going on Saturday night in town and at kiwi kevs, plenty of hotels, just make your reservations now and then as they said, you don't want to miss the reliability run and nobles shop party on Sunday

im excited to see that coupe if that's what you are bringing out!

20. ro11ln

ro11ln
    from australia

we will be coming for a look from australia.. cant wait

21. ill be rolling in my coupe!
    [​IMG]

22. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Flights Booked......we'll be there..........:D

:D

23. sololobo

sololobo

Damn, wish I was able to be there. Love that area, spent a lot of time there when I lived in Santa Barbara. Big Sandy and the fly rite boys will knock yer socks off, Ashley Kingman is a guitar icon. Enjoy kids. ~sololobo~

24. Ventura Nationals

Ventura Nationals
    from Ventura

So let's see what everyone will be bringing to the show.

25. The engine for my '55 will not be ready. I guess I'll bring the Biscayne.

26. Primer Podcast

Primer Podcast
    from LBC

we will be there, sans car entry.

anyone want an interview, hit us up.

27. buick64

buick64
    from socal

Venturanationals.com. Gonna be great one fully packed day in ventura. Sun run BBQ Friday and Saturday. Night venues. Aug 31. Ch it out. Facebook. Noble fabrication. Old gold garage.

28. Its looking good so far for me to come out but will not know for sure for another week or so. Yes I will be bringing the coupe out since it is what I will be driving there from AZ. Pocket yor coupe is bad ass. I have seen the car before and it just rules.

29. BlacktopScraper

BlacktopScraper

Hope to bring my wagon.

Attached Files: