Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moving to Kansas City! Hot Rod stuff?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tim, May 23, 2013.

1. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Glad to be hearing about all the fun stuff there is to do in the area!

Put the seat belts in the 46 last week and ran out some gremlins here and there.....also ran it out of gas in the process haha but this week I'm on top of it wiring in all the gauges so on our voyage south we don't run dry :)

Still hunting for a house to rent, seems a lot of places don't like the idea that we are moving in the first of July instead of right now. I guess I can understand them wanting to rent there place asap but I don't think it's weird to want to have somewhere to live before you leave where you are now.

oh well we'll keep hunting and I'll see you all soon!

2. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Glad to be hearing about all the fun stuff there is to do in the area!

Put the seat belts in the 46 last week and ran out some gremlins here and there.....also ran it out of gas in the process haha but this week I'm on top of it wiring in all the gauges so on our voyage south we don't run dry :)

Still hunting for a house to rent, seems a lot of places don't like the idea that we are moving in the first of July instead of right now. I guess I can understand them wanting to rent there place asap but I don't think it's weird to want to have somewhere to live before you leave where you are now.

oh well we'll keep hunting and I'll see you all soon!

3. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Sorry about the double post ^
    Didn't notice it until now.

Anyhow we fiiiinaly nailed down a house :) ill have to look again to be sure bug I think it's in Raytown with a garage at least 3 times bigger then this teeny spot I've got the 46' stuffed into now :)

Should be loading everything into the house the 1st or 2nd and I'll start work the 5th :)

Posted using My Dick Tracey watch and the full custom HAMB app

4. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Tim, that is great news! Raytown is where our shop is located so you can swing by for any help you might need.
    By the way, my neighbor has not found you a respectable place; glad you did.
    Tom

Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
  5. Congrats...parts of Raytown are nice and some are...not so nice. Best of luck with the move!

6. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Looking forward to the new town and my new garage haha.

Hopefully we'll get situated in time to take a break and drive to salina for the kkoa show that will be quite a bit closer now :)

7. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

So it was a loooong day but we made it to raytown!

The 46 ran fine except for an odd speed related over heating issue and it leaking trams fluid like a seve from a super quality made mr gasket dipstick.

Oh well I didn't get stranded and the car is in one piece :)

I'd really like to meet some local guys, I don't start work till Friday so if your in the area and want to say hi pm me and I'll give you my cell number. We won't have Internet at the house for a few weeks.

8. Awesome...you had some unusually gorgeous weather to move in!

9. wesmigletz

wesmigletz

I grew-up in Raytown. Not a bad area, but the cops were something else.

10. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Yeah it's been really nice out The drive down was just fine temp wise for me though the car got to hot there towards the end.

11. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/oT6YIf9U3eU?list=UU8e6vdgmCwXsQkH1TY7-2QA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

quick vid of the drive down for shits n grins

12. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Tim, glad you safely made it. The weekly show in Independence is not too far from you. Maybe next weekend, you can try to swing down I-70 about 6 miles or so and see it live.
    Tom
    [email protected]

13. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Is that the one that was at Buffalo Wild Wings last night? Is it every week? I haven't got a steady schedule figured out yet at the shop but if I end up with time I'll try to make it for sure :)

14. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Yep, it is every weekend and sometime they have as many as 450 to 600 cars (they estimate).
    Our shop is at 55th and Raytown Road; whereabouts are you now Tim?
    Tom

15. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Right now im at the shop, "freaks on noland" which is at 1212 s.noland rd in independence
    but I'm living in raytown north of like 87th and blue ridge

16. VOETOM

VOETOM
    from MO

Got it. When Car Craft was here in 1980, we filled Noland Road from one end to the other. Used to cruise on it but not sure they do much there anymore since traffic is crazy most of the time in the evenings.

You are living in the old area we used to turn around when cruising. Used to hangout at 87th and Blue Ridge and cruise all the way out to Grandview and then to the Chiefs Stadium the other direction.

When you are coming from your home to work and if you stay on Blue Ridge like you are headed to the stadium, when you get to 55th street in Raytown, turn right and the shop is right where it intersects Raytown Road, about a mile off of Blue Ridge. We are there everyday from 7 till around 5.

Holler if you need anything.
    Tom

17. switchkid0

switchkid0

Tim, I'm not more than a mile from you, by the sounds of it. If you need any help, let me know. I'm half-useless, but willing.

18. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool man, your close to the house or to the shop?

19. switchkid0

switchkid0

Just a few blocks north of your house, I think. West side of Blue Ridge, on 79th Street.

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Cool man :) ill have to swing last some time

21. kcbeardclub

kcbeardclub
    from KCMO

Hey man, welcome to KC. There is plenty of old school car stuff around.

22. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

Kcbeardclub I just saw a sticker for you on the shops door [ freaks on Noland ] glad to hear from ya :)

23. So, you've been here almost a month...what do you think so far? Was the hype accurate or no? How's business?

24. Airwolf

Airwolf

Looks like a nice house. How's it working out for you there?

25. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

So far its been good! We both work 5 days a week but different days and different hours so its been hard to do to much exploring but we take every chance we can to find something fun.

For the most part the house is getting situated and I'm staying busy enough to get by at the shop but I'm definitely a long ways from having a comparable clientele built up to what I just left,

In short very pleased with our decision to move here and look forward to meeting more and more local people :)