Register now to get rid of these ads!

1963 XL Falcon Wagon Build.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Matt_, May 14, 2013.

1. dad-bud

dad-bud

Back in the day, you could get a remote brake booster that added power-assist. My mum's first car (a HD Holden) had one.
    They seemed to work OK, but obviously didn't make the brakes wortk any better - just a bit easier to apply.
    Cheers.

Oh yeah, BTW, Matt, you were thinking about a white colour to use - what about Wimbledon White - it's a nice rich white, and about as far from a refrigerator colour as I can imagine.

Anyway, just a suggestion
    Cheers.

2. Matt_

Matt_

Oh okay, thanks for that dad-bud, that's probably what it is.

I've since swapped my plans for the colours around, the roof and scallops will now be
    white and the rest of the main body colour will be the gold. I'm dumping the idea
    of red for the interior as well and all of the interior steels will be gold to match
    the body. It's cleaner, simpler and keeps the budget down as I've already got
    the four litres of gold sitting idle.

I'll look into Wimbledon White, thanks.

3. Matt_

Matt_

So I was trying not to work on it for the moment but Melbourne's received some much needed sun in the last couple of days,
    and with that I decided to push the wagon out and clean up the garage. That clean up led to me finding a pile of wet & dry sandpaper
    which I didn't know I had, one thing led to another and I've begun wet rubbing the car back. The right hand guard was taken back to
    metal a little while back, whilst pondering taking the whole car back to metal. I'm only taking the areas back to metal
    that have to be so they can be properly repaired.
    I haven't got alot of the wet-rubbing done, mostly just around half of the left hand side, including the roof, but it's a start.
    Since I hadn't had it out of the garage in a while, out came the camera...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. HOTFR8

HOTFR8

Plenty of rust to clean up but nice to see some progress. Keep up the good work.