Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen tri-fives, Tulsa, OK area

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bluedot, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Bluedot

Bluedot

A local guy had both of his cars stolen from his shop last night. If you have any leads please let me know and I can pass them along and get you in touch with the owner. I am told he is offering a reward.
    The dumbass thief had to be pretty stupid to steal a couple of such brightly colored and recognizable cars

Attached Files:

2. Deuces

Deuces

Got any tall trees in Tulsa????....
    And some rope???

3. This car theft thing is turning into a epidemic,,and unfortunately few are being caught. HRP

4. rd martin

rd martin
    from indiana

eyes open in chicago area, this sucks as usual.

5. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Movies like " gone in 60 seconds" and the fast and the furious are becoming all soo true... Poor guy.

6. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Value of these things is high, money is tight, thieves are everywhere. I'm seriously considering a new alarm system with video...

7. oldwood

oldwood
    from arkansas

Everytime I see a car theft alert it brings back the memories of my 2yr old 22ft dove tail trailer and '55 Imperial that was stolen 2yrs ago this month. The cops would not make a stolen trailer/car report unless I had the VIN when they showed up. I don't carry my VIN #'s in my back pocket. They drove off and left me standing there. Very recognizable chevy's and I'm in Central Akansas with my eyes open. Good luck.

8. jeepers00creepers

jeepers00creepers

I don't know how well they police the ports but shipping that stuff over seas brings good money!!

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

No videos in the shop or near by? As cheap as they are, how could you not have it?

10. Rick Sis

Rick Sis
    from Tulsa OK

We actually have the old original hangin' tree still living here. The reason this kind of thing is so out of hand these days is because its been way too long since it's been used.

11. loco 52 ragtop

loco 52 ragtop

in mexico they dont need trees just some rope and a bridge.

12. Deuces

Deuces

You all know what they did to horse thieves back in the day.. Right??..:mad:

13. This shit makes me sick to my stomach. Too many useless, thieving, lying, scumbags in this country anymore! Eyes peeled.

14. I agree with all the above opinions. My 18' dove tail trailer was stolen from the hotel parking lot in oklahoma city in 2007 while we slept. It had a high dollar tongue lock in place at the time. Police wouldn't come to the hotel to take a report. Had to be done over the phone. Needless to say i never recovered the trailer.

15. Car theft in our area is treated as a near-non crime, as far as I am concerned. My son had his car stolen last July from a mall parking lot, and it was recovered two days later across town...BUT, had I not called the cops that day to follow up, I would have not heard about it for two weeks, when the recovery notification popped up in the mail; which would've allowed two weeks worth of fees and storage, of course, fattening up the pockets of the tow companies and the City in the process. Naturally, the thievin' bastard gang-bangers were never caught.

Having a car stolen, ANY car, sucks. The bureaucracy involved in finding it; and dealing with the cops, the insurance and such, makes it such a painful experience.

Hopefully, your buddy gets his cars back. Intact.

16. big M

big M

Many cars are being stolen, winched into enclosed trailers, and taken over the Mexican border, where they are either dismantled, or fraudulent VIN tags and paperwork are created, and the car then sold overseas. Police are becoming aware of this trend, and watching for unusual activities.

Hopefully these cars will be recovered in good condition soon.

---John

17. manyolcars

manyolcars

we need the same gps tracker that is used in IPhones

18. Posted on Facebook....maybe my daughter in Arkansas can help be on the lookout for them. She got her "old car spotting eyes" from me.

19. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Will keep an eye out in Ky.

20. Watching in Broken Arrow

21. Keeping an eye out in OKC.

22. Doc Squat

Doc Squat
    from tulsa, ok

Years ago I had my 1967 Gt 350 Mustang stolen from a shopping center parking lot. I knew it with in 15 min. The cops would not do a report over the phone. They insisted I bring down the title before they would take a report. Found two days later striped and set on fire.

23. tofords

tofords

My 34 roadster was stolen from Santa Barbara,Ca. one hour north of me back in 1994. Never got anything back. Frank

24. Bombs Away

Bombs Away

Probably in a storage container, at a shipping port ready to go over seas...

25. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

26. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Keeping an eye out in Dallas, but like has been mentioned before they're more than likely on their way to the coast or to Mexico by now.
    Here's hoping to a safe return though.

27. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Don't you just feel great after that post?

28. I wonder how many get shipped overseas, as there is strict paperwork and such, to prove that its legal nowdays. I know what it takes to get a car landed in my country, and while maybe not foolproof, it is a good safe system. Hope the lice that stole these Chevys end up as roadkill.

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

The thieves don't use paperwork. They're thieves. There was a CNN story about thefts involving shipping containers and going overseas. The results were sad. Unless there's some sort of red flag, they move quite freely.

The use of a GPS tracker is a good option, but in the end, if someone wants something bad enough they'll get it.

We ALL have to keep an eye out for anything suspicious. You folks with the fancy phones could take pics of old cars on trailers or car trailers in general. You never know. Don't be the guy who doesn't want to get involved.

30. Deuces

Deuces

I wonder how they would like it if someone set their ass on fire???....:D:D:mad: