Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 50 Chevy Chop- Finally In Process

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by JVK54, Feb 22, 2012.

1. She's looking good! I like the lakes, but I'm biased LOL (their going on mine also)

Say, how warm do yours get?

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. JVK54

JVK54

Not bad...Nothing that will create paint issues I don't think. Plus they are tucked in a bit under the rockers so I'm not worried about my son , Sam(who has been warned anyway) getting burned on them.

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Man that fucker turned out very sanitary, nice work !

4. JVK54

JVK54

Got the dash back together. Because I care more about keeping things traditional, and the sound of the pipes than audio quality I didn't do anything hi end stereo wise. I mounted a pair of 4" co-axial Pioneer speakers behind the radio grill. They will be driven by a little motorcycle style 60w MP3 amp that will either be in the glovebox or under the dash so it can't bee seen. Then I took the radio faceplate, flipped it upside down and made a little enclosed box for my iPOD that's wired to the amp to sit in..Oh..got some pinstripes done by Ted Kiley as well. They are actually NOT red and white. They are cram and maroon on the body and cream and black on the dash. I really dig Ted's work and think it pulled the whole car together a bit. Just wish the camera didn't lie about the color...anyway here's some pics-
    Then-
    [​IMG]
    Now-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pinstripes-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. JVK54

JVK54

Had a blast just cruisin around with the Missus today.
    [​IMG]

6. myktrans

myktrans

bitchin car, build and thread!!!! you look very proud in the pics as you should be! hats off to you!

7. poorboy

poorboy

Looks badass!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

8. Wow great story and progress! Awesome looking chop and done right.....I am painting my 50 merc the same shade of black...is that Rat rod black? or a 60%?

9. billys54

billys54

10. JVK54

JVK54

Thanks for all the kind words, gents . Leadsled, it is Sems HotRod Black..which is a pain in the ass as far as collecting dust and fingerprints but looks great after spending 20 minutes waxing with Pledge ( I am not kidding about this). I'm probably gonna paint the roof Brandywine like the dash before the trim goes on. Well it's actually 2006 Lexus Black Garnet Pearl, which is a simple basecoat-clearcoat but looks very Brandywineish.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2012
  11. DMacias

DMacias
    from So Cal

Sled looks great!

12. herbet99

herbet99
    from Central NJ

Excellent job.. very cool.

Go Yankees!

13. Skull King

Skull King

Kudo's man for sharing the pix of your ride. I am a big fan of the '49 to '54 Chevy's.

14. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice work! Love it.

15. JVK54

JVK54

Great light at 7;30 this morning-
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice,bad boy's smooooth

17. JVK54

JVK54

18. digging the sunset shot, especially the once from inside the car. such a great shot

19. neverwinter

neverwinter

hey Jessie - car looks killer and those are some great shots as well. Hope all is good.

- jason (ps may be going to see a 41 coupe this weekend!)

20. JVK54

JVK54

Dude..Let me know if you are!

21. neverwinter

neverwinter

yeah im planning on rolling down hope to take the galaxie. if you want to take the 50 down let me know. we can roll low and slow.

22. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

23. JVK54

JVK54

Dude..I can't believe I missed your build thread until now. It's amazing..One of the coolest custom Chevy's I've ever seen and top notch craftsmanship. Realllly cool.
    Believe it or not I use Pledge furniture polish of the Sems HotRod Black paint. But IMHO your car really deserves shiney paint. Satin will not do all those gorgeous curves justice. The only reason mine is the way it is was because it's so unfinished..and I still kinda regret it,

24. the DutchDude

the DutchDude

thanks for youre kind words, but it's my friends car, i only do all the painting and prepping.
    it's getting a high gloss paintjob probably next week, lookin forward to that
    but satin is always a good solution while workin and drivin
    love the stripes!!

25. johnny two tone

johnny two tone
    from nj

luv the paint looks sinister satin black rules great pinstriping now I have a clear vision of how my 51 chevy will look your car is evil

26. JVK54

JVK54

Thanks Johnny. Just a head's up-Satin Black is a pain in the ass . It's a magnet for pollen, dust, fingerprints etc. and it will scratch pretty easy. It also doesn't throw light the way clearcoat will so it doesn't enhance body lines in the same way .BUT it is sexy .

27. JVK54

JVK54

New motor..freshly rebuilt 1955 235..dual everything...Lightyrears better than the old tired babbit 50 I was running-

[​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. guitard

guitard

What a great thread! Stoneham? I was in Melrose for years. Opened a music shop. Drive the hell out of it and have a great Summer.

29. Damn, you nailed it! One of my new favorite cars! Nice job.

30. looks awesome, sooo fitting.